Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent been very active here lately since I have moved 750km (thats ~466miles) from my home in Burträsk to an apartment in Uppsala.

In order to do that I had to sell off most of my mc-stuff to clear out my parents garage and everything! Kept my russian hardtail though, will never sell that one..

Anyways I was bullshitting with one of the tattooers at the parlor I go to here and we got in the subject bikes and he asked if I knew anyone who wanted to buy one. I thought it maybe was something kinda like the small displacement 2-strokers Ive owned previously but it turned out to be a Husky 250cc 4-stroker from 1929-1930 something!

Went and checked it out and heres some shitty pics

There is fenders, original batterytray and some other stuff too.. But I was thinking about going early race/dirttrack/hillclimb/speedway kinda style! Picking it up on saturday and will get better pics with a better camera then.

Cheerio!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congrats Bobb...

It´s a cool bike, i have two friends who have Husqvarna 250 sv. Of course, one of them have a Ariel 550 engine from -28 in it.
The dirt-track style works fine on that bike, at least i think so.

I will not attend Moon show the 18:th, i will be on that giant swapmeet in Västerås and try to sell some parts.

Later // Patric

·
Registered
935 Posts
amazing something like that was probably worth selling all the others,it is obvious the cycle gods are watching over you.is the single bicycle style riser stock?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys!

Congrats Bobb...

It´s a cool bike, i have two friends who have Husqvarna 250 sv. Of course, one of them have a Ariel 550 engine from -28 in it.
The dirt-track style works fine on that bike, at least i think so.

I will not attend Moon show the 18:th, i will be on that giant swapmeet in Västerås and try to sell some parts.

Later // Patric
Well I am allready looking for another engine for it, dont think its really much go in this one!

I heard about that swapmeet, and the same day is my uncles birthday and he is throwing a party in Stockholm! Decisions decisions...

amazing something like that was probably worth selling all the others,it is obvious the cycle gods are watching over you.is the single bicycle style riser stock?
Dont know if this particular one is the original but they used the bicycle looking ones on many of their early bikes but its alot sturdier than on bikes, mopeds and so on.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks guys!

Well I am allready looking for another engine for it, dont think its really much go in this one!

I heard about that swapmeet, and the same day is my uncles birthday and he is throwing a party in Stockholm! Decisions decisions...
Let me help you with that....

Your uncle is going to have a birthday every year but your new engine just might be at that swapmeet.

// Patric

·
Registered
790 Posts
great find and if you find an engine i can buy the engine/trans of you ;)

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice score! What are your plans for it?
Race/dirttrack stylish

Let me help you with that....

Your uncle is going to have a birthday every year but your new engine just might be at that swapmeet.

// Patric
Exactly my thoughts!

great find and if you find an engine i can buy the engine/trans of you ;)
Its a numbers matching bike so I think Ill keep it even if I find some other enigne :)

Anyways, I couldnt help myself so I went and picked the bike up.. Will take some better pics of it tomorrow

·
Registered
136 Posts
That is so sick. You find the coolest shit. I cant wait for another one of your builds!

·
Registered
837 Posts
love the look of these old huskys... i've only ever seen one single and one v-twin in person (both in england). i've never seen any here in the US.

what are the prices like on the singles? (i know the twins are spendy)

·
Registered
790 Posts
updates??

engine for sale yet :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Swedebobb,
Nice bike you got. I wish to share with you the restoration of the bike. I own a Husqvarna SV30 1929, a nice bike I will restore as far as I can in original condition. I need help to get or make the footboards mainly. Other less important parts are also of help needed, such as measurements and photographs.
If I can help you in something for your bike, don´t hesitate to ask me.
cheers,
Hans.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Swedebobb is no longer with us
Godspeed

1 - 20 of 20 Posts