Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is anyone from the east coast or mid-US thinking about riding out to the el diablo run?

it sounds sick but could be the adventure of a lifetime....:D

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Dude, come through Abq and we can ride down to Tucson, pick up George, and head out from there.

Get ahold of me as soon as you think you are going to make it. I am planning on it, but would sure like a few people to meet up with on the way.

Email me if you are serious.

·
Registered
68 Posts
well that was a dum ass question. i might beable to get some time off work.i still like to go.
jchatman said:
I thought about it but didn't have anyone to ride with.I'm in indiana where might you be.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I wanted to take a long trip next year and I checked their site. It sounds cool. I don't have a damn passport though. Do I need one?

mitch

·
Banned
648 Posts
Mitch, bottom line, NO PASSPORT REQUIRED.

For more info, see this snippet from the "donde" ( http://www.eldiablorun.com/donde.html ) section of the site:

If you are worried about needing a passport, it won't be required until Dec 31, 2007. Click here
to visit the US Dept of State and read the FAQ's on the subject. We'll get at least two of these runs under our belt before the passport requirements kick in. For El Diablo Run 2008 we'll all have to get legit and get passports.

Hope to see you guys there.

-Bill
www.eldiablorun.com

Attachments

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rockymtnpits said:
Dude, come through Abq and we can ride down to Tucson, pick up George, and head out from there.

Get ahold of me as soon as you think you are going to make it. I am planning on it, but would sure like a few people to meet up with on the way.

Email me if you are serious.
Nice! didnt know you were thinking about it

I am giving it some serious thought thats why i'm throwing the feeler out...I figure armed with a cell phone, some tools, and a jockey journal map me and whoever was up for going wouldnt be in too bad shape...

there are work, finance and some other aspects to sort so this is why planning it now would be crucial...

Flatironmike: leave from marcus dairy in danbury and pick me up along the way...we need to get south fast where its warm (er)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Charlotte, NC - INTERESTED.....

i was the latest to inquire about shipping but the dozer throws out this guantlet about "trip of a lifetime" blah blah blah and now i feel as though i can't back down. how will i ever explain this to my butt. i'll have to get a better seat than the rigid mounted perla if i'm going to do 6000 round trip miles....

the more i think about that, the more i want to crate the bike up and meet it in CALI. seriously though tom, 20 across southeast to el paso then 10 and hook up with trent. its only 890 miles across TX that way....

Brandon

·
Registered
617 Posts
It's a total of 4203 miles for me and 10 days total. damn. I'm pissing blood just thinking about it.

screw that shipping crap. ride it or read about it.

mitch

·
Registered
617 Posts
mcotie said:
screw that shipping crap. ride it or read about it.

mitch
of course I mean that with utmost respect to ya 'mojo.

mitch

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
OK.. ANYONE wanting to do this ride..

Lets plan NOW, that fucker will be here soon. East coast guys meet me in Abq, plenty of floor space to crash here, tools, welders, mill/lathe, etc.. I can get you fixed up (or you can fix your own shit) here.. We can drink beer, and BBQ at my pad, then roll out to AZ.. then across to Cali, or meet up with the Cali dudes in Mexico somewhere. (I would like to meet up with them in San Dog)..

Lets plan it NOW, and get some SOLID commitments on this.

Last year I had my "ride what you built" run for Sturgis planned out, lots of people said "fuck yeah". I sent out monthly notices, for the better part of 8 months, when it came time for the run.. All I got was alot of pussified exuses.

Those who are going to do this, EMAIL me so I can plan for it on my end.

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rockymtnpits said:
OK.. ANYONE wanting to do this ride..

Lets plan NOW, that fucker will be here soon. East coast guys meet me in Abq, plenty of floor space to crash here, tools, welders, mill/lathe, etc.. I can get you fixed up (or you can fix your own shit) here.. We can drink beer, and BBQ at my pad, then roll out to AZ.. then across to Cali, or meet up with the Cali dudes in Mexico somewhere. (I would like to meet up with them in San Dog)..

Lets plan it NOW, and get some SOLID commitments on this.

Last year I had my "ride what you built" run for Sturgis planned out, lots of people said "fuck yeah". I sent out monthly notices, for the better part of 8 months, when it came time for the run.. All I got was alot of pussified exuses.

Those who are going to do this, EMAIL me so I can plan for it on my end.
just emailed you before I saw this...couldnt sleep last night thinking about this shit.

·
Registered
179 Posts
so mitch does this mean i would have to play with the pink tee? no offense taken by the way, i'm no internet fighter.

i mappoint'd the route, being in Charlotte, its 40 miles north to 40 freeway, then take a left and 2400 miles later i'd hit temecula. now this passes through trent's neck of the woods and it sounds as though his plans are to shortcut down to mexico and meet up. so that would cut out a few hundred for me.

i'll have to think about this one. what would be the east coasters route? any thoughts on hooking up and riding this together from the VA boys? i know Nova is kinda far out of the way, but march isn't exactly summer time in most of the country.

brandon

·
Registered
617 Posts
stolenmojo said:
so mitch does this mean i would have to play with the pink tee? no offense taken by the way, i'm no internet fighter.
'cool.

I just thought that trailering is sorta against everything that this run represents that's all.

I hear what you're saying about the weather. I can pretty much guarantee it'll still be cold as shit up here. I might have to wait and do this one if I move back to Texas. (sssshhhhh don't let the boss hear) he he

mitch

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
stolenmojo said:
i'll have to think about this one. what would be the east coasters route? any thoughts on hooking up and riding this together from the VA boys? i know Nova is kinda far out of the way, but march isn't exactly summer time in most of the country.

brandon
Brandon,
I would most likely be headed due south to get out of the cold so no problems there. weather in march could be dicey at best, the route will be determined by mother nature and may be a really long as a result.

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Well, if the weather is biting you East Coast guys.. Just trailer to my pad and we can roll out from here.. Theres no shame in a trailer, fuck it.. who give a shit? Get your asses down here, and lets roll.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I wanna ride it..But..I get about 40 miles to a tank...so I gotta ship it out and have somekinda chase vehicle..or strap a gerry can on my back...

rockymtnpits said:
Well, if the weather is biting you East Coast guys.. Just trailer to my pad and we can roll out from here.. Theres no shame in a trailer, fuck it.. who give a shit? Get your asses down here, and lets roll.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Tom...you're a badass...

I couldn't get the time off from work....but I am driving my coupe out to LA Roadsters for the 50th in 2007.
There's a rumor of an Auto-Train that runs out of DC to Cali...truth?
Also heard there is one from DC to Florida...might make it a little more do-able for folks who can't get the time off.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts