Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
really like the featherbed frames so that's the basic start of this long road.. got lucky to have a guy loan me an atlas thinline frame for a week to let me measure and make form jigs and yesterday after a day of scrap i got one side bent up!....so here's the start of a long road...
...any suggestions along the way chime in!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well the metal is flyin today! got the other side of the thinline done and figured i would bend up some 4130 for a wideline..can't do that rear kink in the 4130 so wideline it is for that material..here are the pics

·
Registered
357 Posts
WOW. Awesome start so far. After building a slimline out of 4130 myself, I can truly admire the work you are putting into this.
Must be lucky having a buddy to get frame dimensions from...

What motor do you plan on running?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
don't know what motor yet..i have none yet..thinline is 1.25 x .120 wall DOM wideline is 4130

·
Registered
74 Posts
Whoa - are you going true to stock dimensions or altering it in any way? I'm definitely eager to see to fruition - especially if you end up going custom and getting nutty with the end result. A daunting task indeed!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whoa - are you going true to stock dimensions or altering it in any way? I'm definitely eager to see to fruition - especially if you end up going custom and getting nutty with the end result. A daunting task indeed!
as true as you can get with a "faro arm" computer measuring device and a used 50 year old frame...

·
Registered
74 Posts
as true as you can get with a "faro arm" computer measuring device and a used 50 year old frame...
:eek: Holy crap - you aren't messing around! A friend of mine uses that in Australia for reverse engineering his old parts and making repops! He got lucky and a prototyping firm went out of business and sold their gear for cheap - it's been a boon for his work. Wow - now I really can't wait to see where this project leads. So far so good but it'll only get better!

1 - 20 of 169 Posts