Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone made any cool rides/ trips/ adventures this past summer.

Me and a buddy did 2100 miles in a week back in June. Best ride was from Nashville down to Lynchburg and back. Just gorgeous back country roads and sunshine. Memphis to St. Louis in a thunderstorm sucked ass though...
How about all a y'all?

·
Registered
72 Posts
The lap around the block I made just before I paid Hightest for his XS650. I had to sell my last bike (Vulcan 800A) in March due to lack of work and mounting debt, and I didn't think I was going to be able to afford another bike for a few years. So, that little test ride rates as the best ride of the year for me. :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
due to work schedules i wasn't able to do any really cool rides in '05, although i still managed to put about 6-7K miles on without leaving missouri.

but a couple of years back ron & i (we left the wimmin folks home) rode over all 23 mountain passes in colorado that are over 10,000 feet above sea level and are on paved roads. spent 7 days in colorado plus a couple of days each way getting there. very, very cool.

·
Registered
30 Posts
1500 mile round trip from Venice, Fla. to the Easy Rider Rodeo in Wilson, N.C.
on my 1962 BMW R-60 - I was the only BMW there! What a Kodak Moment!

What was really cool was all of the rubberneckers on HD's wishin that they were on my ride!!!!! hehehehehehe!

I bet that will hit a nerve somewhere!

duki

"We are always making stories or telling stories"

duki2005

·
Registered
141 Posts
My ride through germany, danmark & sweden to visit some buddys way north at the arctic circle. 3.500 mls,at least the half way in rain and cold ......and a angry ol´lady on her scoot in the mirror. :D what a fun.

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
Best short ride: In the streets and bridges of Washington DC. Setting off alarms, hanging with hooooooligans, kicking broken bike parts and that girl with a black eye.

Best ride: My girl on the back, popping wheelies out of sweeping corners.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gumby,

I am jealous. That's an awesome trip.

·
Registered
43 Posts
with my friend a few times back and forth to the hospital. him and his wife had baby and it was super sick and ended up passing but riding still made him smile. sometimes you need to ride just to get away from life.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Crappedout said:
with my friend a few times back and forth to the hospital. him and his wife had baby and it was super sick and ended up passing but riding still made him smile. sometimes you need to ride just to get away from life.
Someone on here's signature says that best..."I'd rather be riding and thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about motorcycles" Rough stuff.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Not a long ride but beautiful. Rode over to the Hot Rod Hoe Down in Delaware. Route 896 through good ol' Amish country, solo with a twisted wick!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
The best ride I had this last summer was after I finally got the carbs figured out on my free Honda 350. (I still gotta post pics)

·
Registered
361 Posts
hatch said:
I can't pick one....Every time I kick my old triumph and head out on the streets, It's just plain great.....That bike is me!!!!
I thought you were going after a Pan:D . Are you turning into a bi polar biker? GREGG

·
Registered
169 Posts
September 16th.

I asked my lady to get hitched. Since she wanted her grandmother's ring, I got out of the ring-buyng thing. So I bought her a new Vespa. She loves riding on the back of my Trumps, but to see her face after the maiden voyage on own 2-wheeler...priceless.

She put 100 miles on it the first weekend.

I think we all know that "first ride stoke."

It was really cool to see her riding. Now she wants a BSA, but is too afraid of the kick start. Hahahaha.

That was my best ride of the year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts