Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
BrianPettit said:
Just like the title says. There are sooo many different polishes on the market.

Which polish have you used and really like?

Are you a by hand guy or all about the power tools to aid your polishing efforts?
We sell Wizards, because it works. They have a 2 step system, MetalRenu and PowerSeal. Good shit, our paint jobber turned us onto it.

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
Stop, stop, and stop. Go immediately to this website, email Steve, and ask that he emails you the Metal Polishing Hanbook: http://www.englishcustompolishing.com/

The majority of stuff out there shines your metal by eating it...not actually polishing.

I'm quite experienced at polishing auto intakes, various cast things, rocker boxes, etc. There are NO shortcuts to a great shine. None.

If worse comes to worse and you want something done really nicely, send it to me and I'll do it cheap.

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
I second that Tman on The Wizard stuff being good.I also was shown this by are paint supplier and although i have not used the 2 step metal polish I have used the quick spray type detail stuff with the special towel and it works great.
Shoe
You mean the MistNshine? That is all I use on my paint! It is awesome on satins as well. They now offer a bug release spray that works really well .

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
BrianPettit said:
Just like the title says. There are sooo many different polishes on the market.

Which polish have you used and really like?

Are you a by hand guy or all about the power tools to aid your polishing efforts?
wenol works good

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sand blast, glass bead, road grime & Grit and some rain... with very little effort...

The occaisional trip to the pressure washer just before maintence (oil change and a once over everything...

You'll enjoy them more if you spend more time riding them...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sawsall said:
Sand blast, glass bead, road grime & Grit and some rain... with very little effort...

The occaisional trip to the pressure washer just before maintence (oil change and a once over everything...

You'll enjoy them more if you spend more time riding them...
No, no, no. This won't be a rub with a diper bike. I want to clean up the metal during disasembly and be done with it. One time deal. There is 30 years of crap in every crack and hole. Get it as nice as I can out of the starting gate.

Once the bike is back together I'm sure my hands will be on the grips more than a buffing rag.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Cool, I do the same thing...

But I make it so I never have to polish is what I was saying... Anything aluminum or stainless steel gets blasted or glassbeaded, grit depends on the look I want...

I do leave some chrome bits alone, but if they have the slightest bit of rust, they get blasted and painted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts