Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I figured it out with no hang ups. The seat mocked up fit perfect. Not exposing to much and no hanging over. nice and stream line.
I used a universal chrome mounting bracket $12.95 and a hollow steel rod cut down and welded to the frame.
check her out now
thanks Sean aka Fatlucky for such a great high quality seat.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From this to this in a couple weeks. Im proud of myself for the progress. Because I really dont know dick!!
hahah get this I had to go back and cut out a channel on the controls to keep the wires from grounding out!......I turned it on and had NO brake lights, turn signals and or a never ending relay POPPING!!!!
its all straight now
learn as you go!!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Looking good! Now go get that clutch cable shortened... :D

Draglinkscc said:
From this to this in a couple weeks. Im proud of myself for the progress. Because I really dont know dick!!
hahah get this I had to go back and cut out a channel on the controls to keep the wires from grounding out!......I turned it on and had NO brake lights, turn signals and or a never ending relay POPPING!!!!
its all straight now
learn as you go!!!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Looks goooooood! I knew you could do it.What style tag and light bracket you gettin one that mounts on the fender or side mount.I believe if you take that fact taillamp off your gonna find some holes and stamped in raised up bracketry underneath it.If this is the case you know what this means is your about to go all the way and have to pull the tins off and weld up the fender and giver your own new custom paint look.:)

I always liked the chrome layback lisc plate holder that custom chrome use to sell it lays the plate back so it aint stickin straight up.Well keep us posted and let us know what colors are comin next.LoL

Shoe

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Nothing beats the old classic"limp Dick Lamp".
Is that suppose to be a direct replacement for the stock tailamp where it just bolts on? I know a few years back when I got my last new harley I had it stripped down and painted in 2 weeks after gettin cause I saw one just like it in town and I cant stand to have one that looked the same.
Shoe
Draglinkscc said:

·
Registered
630 Posts
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
Nothing beats the old classic"limp Dick Lamp".
Is that suppose to be a direct replacement for the stock tailamp where it just bolts on?
Nope, not a direct replacement.
Mounts to a radiused fender (yer basic flat fender works nice) - the sporty fender has that bulge where the taillight goes.
Whack the fender off and drill new holes, voila!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GumbyChuck said:
Nope, not a direct replacement.
Mounts to a radiused fender (yer basic flat fender works nice) - the sporty fender has that bulge where the taillight goes.
Whack the fender off and drill new holes, voila!
Im liking that idea!!! isnt that the "bobber" look as well?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Looking good. Ten times better than when you got it. You're killing me. I wish I had mine to play with. Counting the days...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Draglinkscc said:
isnt that the "bobber" look as well?
No offense, but late-model Sporty and bobber go together like peanut butter and mayo...you can try it, but it'll never be right.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I think your going to find its starting to look more like a Ralpher or a Fredder,Maybe check with Caffine as he is the upmost expert on them.The ralpher look takes me back a few years really cool but obscure,which means it aint been played out yet.
:) :D :) :D
Shoe

R.F. said:
No offense, but late-model Sporty and bobber go together like peanut butter and mayo...you can try it, but it'll never be right.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Draglinkscc said:
None taken but can you explain why it wont work
It's out of context. Like putting wide whites and steelies on a new car/truck/PT Looser...you can do it, and lots of people do, but that doesn't make it right.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts