Jockey Journal Forum banner

father son sporty guzzi.

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  gasketscraper 
#1 ·
ok so im just here to share some excitement with yall. im sure alot of yall have memories of motorcycling or some sort of memory of motorcycles with your dad. To start if yall didnt know i recently did ALOT (for my taste anyways) of work to my 1990 sporty (second bike, first to actually ride). but anyways tonight my dad brought home a bran new moto guzzi!!!! IM SO FREAKIN PUMPED TO RIDE WITH MY DAD!!!!!! HELL YAH!!!!!

#3 ·
I think its great that you're so excited to ride with your old man..........BUT, if its his first bike (hell of nice bike, by the way) go easy. You might want to BOTH take a rider safety course together. Not wanting to rain on your Parade, just want to see you both safe AND having a good time together.

#5 ·
+2 on the above. Current statistics show that new or returning riders in their late '40s to mid '60s are the nost likely to suffer a fatal accident. The primary reasons are "Lack of Training" and "Too Large of a First Bike", along with lack of protective gear.
Riding is not a pastime to take lightly, and no matter what you think you know about it, if you take a course you will realize you don't know crap!
So make this a lifetime adventure together and start right!
My wife is a Field Deputy MI so I get lots of exposure to the bad end of it. And she is a hardcore rider herself!
Robbie
riding 45+ years
Own 25+ bikes

#9 ·
dillweed that sounds great my dad never rode motorcycles. So never knew the love I have for them. My youngest son just decided to take his panhead he got for graduation 12 years ago out and we have been having a blast. We both have been enjoying the panheads and getting some well deserved time on the road together. He took the saftey coarse here and came showed me his license and off we went. Been on a few sunday rides for lunch or just away from the TV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.