Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell / show the differences between the different models of fat bobs?? I heat things like "flat side" and other descriptions in reference to the different years. Are there any pictures of all the models displayed by each other to spot the differences?? I would like to gather parts for a bobber style bike and I think fat bobs are in the equation (Chris Condons pan that was in a recent Horse mag. has about the perfect collection of parts in my opinion) thanks-

·
Registered
675 Posts
Theres a good amount of different ones out there. The best thing to do is get your hands on a V Twin Catalog(They are free). They seem to have a selection of all the tanks out there. that way you can see all the different types out there. I think you can call Zoom and order one up...1-888-316-1994
Dan said:
can anyone tell / show the differences between the different models of fat bobs?? I heat things like "flat side" and other descriptions in reference to the different years. Are there any pictures of all the models displayed by each other to spot the differences?? I would like to gather parts for a bobber style bike and I think fat bobs are in the equation (Chris Condons pan that was in a recent Horse mag. has about the perfect collection of parts in my opinion) thanks-

·
Registered
168 Posts
J+P cycles has a decent collection of the different fat bobs in its "restoration" catalog. pretty complete.

·
Banned
36 Posts
Dan said:
can anyone tell / show the differences between the different models of fat bobs?? -
Quick overview is 58-84 4 speed frames have split tanks. They come in 3 1/2 gallon and the more lovely 5 gallon versions. They bolt to the frame with a couple tabs welded on the top and one threaded fitting on the back.
Flat side tanks are usually the Softail frame style 4.2 gallons, from 84-99. I don't have one of those, but the mounting system is less prone to vibrational cracking. 2000- up softails have a one piece tank, like the FLT models.
Ray in CT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts