Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed one of his tail lamp lic plate combos the other day .I just took the axle nut off and put it on no problems.I hav'nt ridin the bike since then but tonight i was redoing some heat shrink.when i noticed the silver plate at the end of the swing arm was loose .If i tighten the allen in the end of the swing arm won't that change my rear alighnment. any info would be great. sorry no pixs camera is on the blink.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
skill saw said:
I installed one of his tail lamp lic plate combos the other day .I just took the axle nut off and put it on no problems.I hav'nt ridin the bike since then but tonight i was redoing some heat shrink.when i noticed the silver plate at the end of the swing arm was loose .If i tighten the allen in the end of the swing arm won't that change my rear alighnment. any info would be great. sorry no pixs camera is on the blink.
Kevin's tail light has nothing to do with it. When you tightened the axle back down, the axle cocked to the rear, and the adjuster became loose.

Loosten up your axle, and slide it forward on that side, until your adjuster plate is tight against the swingarm, then torque the axle nut down.

I'd check the alignment again, on both sides, and the tension after you do that. Some people count turns, flats, use florescent tubes, etc. All you have to do is sight down the chain run from the back. You can see if the chain runs cocked to the left or right this way, really easy, just adjust the chain run straight on.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Irish Rich said:
Kevin's tail light has nothing to do with it. When you tightened the axle back down, the axle cocked to the rear, and the adjuster became loose.

Loosten up your axle, and slide it forward on that side, until your adjuster plate is tight against the swingarm, then torque the axle nut down.

I'd check the alignment again, on both sides, and the tension after you do that. Some people count turns, flats, use florescent tubes, etc. All you have to do is sight down the chain run from the back. You can see if the chain runs cocked to the left or right this way, really easy, just adjust the chain run straight on.
Kevin makes a fine product. It was not the part that wasn't working it was me And thanks for jumping on here when someone or i need a little help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts