Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive gone back and forth trying to get my one and only ugly mirror to stay tight. Ive tried everything other then the welder. Yesterady I put a shorter stem and retightened it. After about 2 miles of riding it flopped over again. F***!!!! So I said fuck it !! Fuck the man MAN!!!!!!! So as Im riding at about 50mph I unscrewed the loose bitch dropped the nuts and washers in the street YANKED the mirror out of its perch and threw the shiny little do no gooder off into the bushes!!! Hell it didnt even work why bother its the man thats out to get me not the people behind me hahahah

·
Registered
936 Posts
I haven't had a mirror on a bike in a good 5+ years. For me they did more harm than good anyhow.

·
Registered
376 Posts
everyone's entitled to his/her own opinion. here's mine:

my bsa has no mirrors
my shovelhead has two mirrors now
my softtail has two mirrors

mostly i ride the softtail. i've gotten so used to two mirrors i don't see how i got along without either/both of them. the shovelhead only had one mirror, but after i rode the softtail for a while i put the 2nd one on. when i get the beezer back on the road i'll have two mirrors on it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i had a big box full of mirrors i collected over the years. a couple weeks ago i went to move it and when i picked it up the bottom fell out of the box and shattered every one of 'em on my garage floor. a sign, maybe?

·
Registered
160 Posts
having no mirrors on any of my bikes, and a pretty much useless single side-mirror only in my 34 ford, i find that i habitually shoulder check and use arm signals for lane changes in my ford mustang daily driver... :)

i amuse myself a bit when i catch myself needlessly doing that shit.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'm slowly learning that my mirrors are useless too. the position is all wrong all I see is my damn shoulders. I still haven't grown the balls to yank off my turn signals yet. How do you guys function without em?

mitch

·
Registered
170 Posts
Mirror.( check)
Little dinky one only useful to check my look and comb out my helmet hair.
Turn signals ( nope)
Well kinda, I do the "arm in the air please dont' rear end my while I'm turning right wave signal" and "the point, point, point, yeah I'm laning left fucker signal"
So far so good!

Frank in Austin

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ant said:
From what I can tell no fucker uses turn signals anyway in America.

Drives me mad, Mad I tell ya
Yeah Ant....you should have come down to houston while you were here.....if you signal, people speed up so you can't get over.....you just have to go, they'll get out of your way, usually.....

·
Registered
149 Posts
jabber said:
Yeah Ant....you should have come down to houston while you were here.....if you signal, people speed up so you can't get over.....you just have to go, they'll get out of your way, usually.....
I love people like that.

Note to self when visiting Houston take brass knuckles for shitty drivers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.