Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, i have built & owned several shovels over the years but have only seen this one time & it was close, but they were tapped into the left case, not the tappet blocks. Both front & rear cylinder bases are tapped exactly the same, running into the intake lifter area of both front & back.
I bought this 81 shovel drive train to flip, but now my interest is peaked & i'm not shure if i want to tear into it or not. The only other shovel motor i've seen like this was a 100" stroker & it had stroker plates under the cylinders. These appear to be stock cylinders. I did a quick compression test & came up with 138# on the rear & 142# in the front cylinder. The guy i bought it from was not much help, he bought it for a project & was laid off 2 months ago & needed cash so now its mine.
Anyone got a better idea of what this is , or am i in the right area???

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping it was a stroker set up, But acording to the vin# it's either a FLT motor, or a FXRP police bike. If it was a stroker, i'd have to keep it & build something.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
G

·
It was a good idea....Kinda a throw back to the 48-52 Pans...

They had the top end oil return dropping into the breather catch sump..No oil was being contended with by the flywheels from the top end, but for what was getting to the crank-pin...

They can be converted back to early... If you wanted to do a little work.
The factory only did a two year run with that design and went back to the old way...

====================================================

Exactly right. But to new fangled for me. hahaha
Yeah me too..

Thought the same thing when the Shovel's came out in 66 and killed off the Pans...!!
Then again in 85 with the Evo's...!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.