Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am having a swingarm frame hardtailed and am having problems deciding on the length. Originally i was going to leave as stock length as its a shaft drive but an extra couple of inches would look better.
Is there any reason, apart from being pleasing on the eye, that people extend the frame length?
As its a shafty the extra length would allow a slightly wider tyre, I think ??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on guys,
I was eagerly expecting some words of wisdom!!

The bikes a Dnepr (russian bmw), I had already altered the rake and lowered the rear shocks but it still looked messy.

I have built a 2 into 1 exhaust kicking up into a shortened and gutted Velocette fishtail box. Rebuilt engine. Hubs drilled out, cafe racer style, and laced to 18" black rims with off road tyres.

I have decided on a clean, hardtailed frame and have purchased some cool axel plates from Basty in Romania (bastybikes.com) just need some words of wisdom to kick the project on.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The performance reason for extending a frame is to ensure it goes straight under hard accelleration. That is why drag bikes are long and have raked necks and increased trail. Bikes like built this way dont want to turn which is good for a race bike. Not good for a street bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.