Jockey Journal Forum banner

exhaust mockup , pre cutting up my already nice exhaust

4K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  =mike= 
#1 ·
Here is the first look at the new pipes . . . tomorrow I will mke a few cuts and get them closer to where they need to be .

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
I found some cheesy bends at Pep Boys , they have these cool ripples on the (inside ) top of the bend , I'll take a better picture later . They look kind of weird at first , but I think once everything is one colour they will look cool . The chrome is good enough to run now so the pipes will be black up till where the tips slip onto the old exhaust . Then at some point in the future , it will all be chrome . It looks pretty much how I figured it would look , I wanted the bends to follow the lower frame leg , and it does perfectly .

Discussion starter · #5 ·
I like em alot too , but I just wanted to do something to it to make it different than how I got it . They are a little more serious straight out the back like they are now , I think they will make the bike a little less " streetfighter " looking & more 60's / cartoony / Roth chopper looking . I've had em as-is for almost a year now , time for some change .

Discussion starter · #10 ·
I found em on ebay , $21 . The pictures weren't very clear but I could tell they were most likely the real thing . The chrome was dirty but there isn't any real rust . I don't think anyone bid em up because in the pictures they looked pretty fucking rough . I just took a chance and for the money I got a super sweet deal . They cleaned up pretty nice , certainly not show , but runable . I'll slap some chrome on them when time & money present themselves :)

Discussion starter · #14 ·
progress

Okay , here is the latest instalment . . . I am notoriously impatient when building stuff , so luckily i have to go to work or I would be cobbing this shit together right now . It is all cut & fit , I have to do a little welding tomorrow and it will be good to go . I can't wait to hear what it sounds like compared to before . There is also a detail of the bend I got at Pep Boys . . . I think it is cool & kind of dorky looking .

Attachments

Discussion starter · #18 ·
Yeah MIke , there are 3 little bolts that hold the end on . There was a mesh tube on the inside though . but I'm not using it . I like the pipe in front look & al and when I had the glide on it , it was no problem , but this springer is alot lower and the damn pipe is almost worn through from jumping off curbs & the unheard of task of turning to the right at any speed faster than 4 MPH .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.