Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a set of evo rods I want to use in my cone shovel.
I know the evo piston pin is 001" larger than the shovel, I have S&S stroker pistons to suit the 4 1/2' stroke T&O wheels.
Should I get the bush changed in the little end or hone the pistons
out to evo size?
Cheers Kev

G

·
I have done many EVO rods in Shovel motors....

The .791 wrist pin of the Shovel's pistons can be honed out to the .792 size or replace the bushing in the EVO rod....For me it is much less work to hone the piston pin bore, than to do the bushing.

Didn't run into any fitment problems with the rods to flywheels or to case. Do run though all the checks.
The EVO front rod does have a off-set at the crank-pin....
From an engineering standpoint, It's suppose to make the rod bearing, races and pin last longer...?? Jury's still out on that one.

Aftermarket has not done the off-set to their Rods.
I like the EVO rods as a good up-grade for using in the Shovels. IMHO

One thing that I always do when using the EVO rods is to revert back to the 73-85 bearings and Alum. cages....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

G

·
Ease of fitting....Mostly.

Many more roller sizes are available with doing the early..
Also lessens the chance of needing an over-size crank-pin to get the running fit...Or replacing the rod races...

If the rod set you have don't need rebuilding and has the late bearings...
They will be fine for a long long time....
When the time does come to re-size them.. Much easier to use the early

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Dragstews, yea the rod set I have is new so will go with that.
Was talking to a mate who used evo rods, and he has a set that use earlier
steel cages and fit an extra roller in there.
Thought you my have done that too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.