Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my shovel is stalled out for a bunch of reasons (including an engine change to a generator shovel, but that's a different story) and I've been working on the evo to make sure all of the changes I'm making to it are done before it gets warm enough to ride. So I made a new front springer leg:



Thanks to Kevin Baas for cutting the new rockers and the perch for me. It handles like a cadillac now!

I made a new oil tank too, just gotta figure out how I want to mount it, and then weld the bungs in:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
OMG that thing rocks!!!! If you have any more pics when complete, or even now, post em!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
Very Nice.... I was wondering what happened to the shovel progress.

Tha Nutz said:
So my shovel is stalled out for a bunch of reasons (including an engine change to a generator shovel, but that's a different story) and I've been working on the evo to make sure all of the changes I'm making to it are done before it gets warm enough to ride. So I made a new front springer leg:



Thanks to Kevin Baas for cutting the new rockers and the perch for me. It handles like a cadillac now!

I made a new oil tank too, just gotta figure out how I want to mount it, and then weld the bungs in:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the cone shovel is sitting on one of my workbenches. Problem with it is that it has 5" stroke S&S flywheels, 103" CID, and a lumpy sifton cam, with 10.3 to 1 compression ratio, all in stock cases. If I was building a racing bike, or only riding it a few times a month, I would keep it. But I will ride it a lot, so I don't want to have a motor needing a rebuild every year. So I'm going to ebay it.

Local shop has a set of Delkron gennie shovel cases brand new/never used that they are selling to me for a song. Then I'll buy a 93" S&S hot set-up kit with the 4 1/2 inch stroke, 9.3-1 compression, and get the S&S rockerbox setup. That will make a for a bulletproof hot motor without the time-grenade effect of the 103".

todd said:
gennie shuv? you rat bastard.

what year did you get?

what are you doing with the cone shuv?

nice work on the springer and the oil tank looks cool.

evos for life
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,937 Posts
Looks fucking Killer!!! Glad my rockers and the perch worked out..can't wait to see it in person..I still have your sproket and rotor in safe storage...let me know when you want to stop by the school and pick them up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
You all must live in the coolest nieghborhood on earth. If lawyers and high school teachers are like this, your local speed shop must be INSANE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is actually a real dearth of decent shops around here--Kokesh is pretty much the only one I go to these days, although a place called Lee's Speed Shop does great head work. Donnie smith does nice stuff if you like that style. But the hot bike to most people around here is a typical wide-tire custom with little to no spark of originality. There are literally maybe 15 bikes in the entire state that are cool, tops (at least to me).

Conder said:
You all must live in the coolest nieghborhood on earth. If lawyers and high school teachers are like this, your local speed shop must be INSANE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Luke Nosewalker said:
Nutz is a lawyer?
Yeah, I am actually. I don't do litigation stuff though, I help people raise money for their businesses, help people sell their businesses and do general corporate work. Most of my clients are gaming/poker companies.

I get that same question all of the time, no one ever believes me. Especially if they see me skateboarding or riding one of my bikes into the parking garage. But I don't give a flying fuck.

Oh, and thanks on the springer, those DNA's look like ass out of the box.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks man--work on Gouge over on FUCK, if he can help me ship my bike to Max's place, it'll be a done deal for sure. I'm trying to convince him to come out and bring his sweet panhead.

What did you end up doing with MCM the covers--saving them, or using them?

Flyin' Dutchman said:
Very nice work Nutz!!

Can't wait to meet up with you in May!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is a local scrap yard that has tons of junk--old lathe parts, funky hand tools, piles of every kind of metal, creepy hallways with bizzare servos and motors everywhere. . .and a pile of that weird stainless steel piping. I go there once every few weeks, and always find cool shit to use. I found a bunch of clear plexiglass filters there a while ago that I'm going adapt to use as oil filters on my bikes.

Billdozer1811 said:
What the heck did that oil tank start life as? Giant corrugated pipe of some sort I would guess, but never seen any that size. Sort of Kutty's cheap muffler shop tubing on 'roids...

-Bill
__________________
www.eldiablorun.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
Tha Nutz said:
Thanks man--work on Gouge over on FUCK, if he can help me ship my bike to Max's place, it'll be a done deal for sure. I'm trying to convince him to come out and bring his sweet panhead.

What did you end up doing with MCM the covers--saving them, or using them?
Nutz.. I haven't started on 'em yet, but I have a very nice set of Sporty forks I wanna use 'em on.
You don't wanna know how busy I am here.... Day job, running my photography/freelance stuff, building HD, modifying Trump, riding BMX, girlfriend... You know how it goes.....

Gouge right.. If I see him post I'll tell him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, if you have a PPM or business plan, send me a PM and let's talk. But I don't actually provide money, I just help people that are raising money do it without violating all sorts of state and federal securities laws. It's only mildly more interesting than it sounds, which is not very.

StraightPipez said:
Dude, help me out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,937 Posts
Tha Nutz said:
There is actually a real dearth of decent shops around here--Kokesh is pretty much the only one I go to these days, although a place called Lee's Speed Shop does great head work. Donnie smith does nice stuff if you like that style. But the hot bike to most people around here is a typical wide-tire custom with little to no spark of originality. There are literally maybe 15 bikes in the entire state that are cool, tops (at least to me).
I agree with you there Dave..HAve you ever gone to psycho suzies? I saw some sweet Trumps there one day last summer when i was dropping of some signs.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top