Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
I used EagleOne recently. Not too bad, but the driver made me meet him at a rest-stop on the nearest Interstate because he didn't want to deal with navigating the roads around my house in his semi. The one advantage they have over some of the others is that they don't make you drain fluids (gas, oil) before loading the bike, so it's ready to go when it rolls off the truck. Also, they don't charge a premium for additional insurance coverage. Pretty much all of them will give you a quick price quote by e-mail and theirs actually came in the lowest. Three week wait for pick-up in my case.

Do a search on this forum because this topic has been discussed before, a few times. Some people around here get pissed if you post a question like this without searching around a little first........

·
Registered
322 Posts
I bought a roller and I used uship.com. You can enter your target price that you are willing to pay and you can take bids. I think that it is owned by EBay, so it is very reliable. I had great luck with it.

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
If you're close to an airport and the person selling the bike is too, Forward Air is a good option. Just make sure to tell them they'll need to bring four ratchet straps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use DAS shipping which sud-contracted to Daily Dependable Shippers. The driver delivered it to my from door. All he did was drive the open road delivering bike. His rig had about 15 bikes he was delivering. Really interesting guy to talk to.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
artbiker said:
thinking of getting an e-bay donor bike and have never dealt with a shipping company... any of you use one before that you think is fair and easy to deal with??

thanks in advance

M

www.ArtBiker.com
M:
When I was looking at a bike in Utah. Several folks gave thumbs up to:
http://www.motorcycleshippers.com/ (JC Motors)
plus the already mentioned Federal and Forward Freight.
JC had some pretty good rates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts