Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
It's a Vespa that was made in India. Piaggio licensed out older models of Vespas to be manufactured in India called Bajaj. They were usually about 10 years out dated. For example the bike you pictured was made by vespa in the mid 70's as the Rally but then manufactured in India in the mid 80's. There are a few differences, but mainly identical.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply! Are they reliable? I can pick up a used one for a few hundred bucks.

Trumped said:
It's a Vespa that was made in India. Piaggio licensed out older models of Vespas to be manufactured in India called Bajaj. They were usually about 10 years out dated. For example the bike you pictured was made by vespa in the mid 70's as the Rally but then manufactured in India in the mid 80's. There are a few differences, but mainly identical.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Trumped said:
Yes, they can be very reliable. Depends on the condition of course. I would jump on it if I was you.
would have to agree with trumped 110% all the way around. it is exactly what he says and i to would buy it if it's cheap and good to go. good little commuter scoot...ken....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts