Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
I see some damn nice parts used thats for sure!!
It kinda looks like it dosn't know what it want's to be..old style scoot for the most part..but that tank is the beginning of the end..
No 'flow' of style....
Change the tank and loose the yellow/gold color and it'd start looking a bit better..
again, thats just my worthless 2 cents though..
i don't know shit..:D

·
Registered
773 Posts
It all goes back to simplicity eventually...

hatch said:
People are just running out of ideas......and do stuff cuz its different....not necessarily better, but different.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I hate to be regional-centric, but it seems like that the east coast has always turned out some stuff that was too "over the top." This bike is a victim of this. Like some "Young"-sters, they take twenty good ideas and put them on one bike. Then you end up with a busy, messy mix of styles. I would rather look at a legion of stripped old choppers than even one of these hideous monsters. But no-one cares about my opinion either.

At least it does not have a front fender. . .

·
Registered
504 Posts
Tony Bones said:
Yee-fucking-ikes! Mr. Lane, what happened here?
Maybe the customer he built it for insisted on the bad paint-scheme.

·
Registered
504 Posts
fouraceswes said:
I hate to be regional-centric, but it seems like that the east coast has always turned out some stuff that was too "over the top." This bike is a victim of this. Like some "Young"-sters, they take twenty good ideas and put them on one bike. Then you end up with a busy, messy mix of styles. I would rather look at a legion of stripped old choppers than even one of these hideous monsters. But no-one cares about my opinion either.

At least it does not have a front fender. . .
dude, you're the one with Arlen Ness over there. the ugliest over the top paint jobs i've ever seen. him and his son's paint.... YUCK............

but i agree that the coolest stuff usually comes from out west otherwise.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
The pics don't do the gold justice. I don't particularly like the tank on that one, but hey, Billy likes weird shaped tanks.

Tony Bones said:
Yee-fucking-ikes! Mr. Lane, what happened here?

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
i thought he fell off the deep-end when he did the indian larry tribute bike...the tank looked like ass...this confirms my theory, he's lost his mind

·
Registered
504 Posts
yeah i think that's cool as shit that billy went to FSU for engineering degree.

i'm here at FSU and am graduating in Spring. I also happen to be from Brevard county .. (melbourne is there)

i'll probably be going back. there are some great bars there and bike riding from to daytona. anyone heard of the Hustler!!! it's a bar in melbourne where they have to use chicken wire for the bands.

·
Registered
135 Posts
snortonnorton said:
. anyone heard of the Hustler!!! it's a bar in melbourne where they have to use chicken wire for the bands.
Is that the one from "The Blues Brothers" where they like both kinds a music?

Country AND western...

·
Registered
504 Posts
No, i'm sure it was not in blues brothers.

alot of places use chicken wire for the bands.. well, maybe not alot, but it's not unique.

·
Registered
114 Posts
sad sad truth. PRO's bullshit. billy lame's shit has always been this ugly. this is his personal bike remember pics of it months ago in the raw. this is why people love the sinners & choppertown, cuz all they see in mags etc is circus baffoon bikes. see the sinners bikes aint shit really, its just that this shit has the public beliveing its old school. truely cool bikes can be seen all over the usa at little bike runs & shops. the bike rags & tv show's have totaly distorted what real bikes are. Ive spent so many hours helping my friend cole foster design & build some of the cleanest bare bones bikes this decade. the bike world as a whole has ignored them. he gets heart broken every time. the world wants bling bling geiger styleized bikes for clowns to ride in the circus. flow & lines is old school!!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
snortonnorton said:
yeah i think that's cool as shit that billy went to FSU for engineering degree.

i'm here at FSU and am graduating in Spring. I also happen to be from Brevard county .. (melbourne is there)

i'll probably be going back. there are some great bars there and bike riding from to daytona. anyone heard of the Hustler!!! it's a bar in melbourne where they have to use chicken wire for the bands.
Funny, I went to FSU back in 1992, History, maybe that is why I do old bikes and old bikes only. And i think i stumbled into the Hustler a couple times, too. Those years are blurry from time, stress and alcohol. . .

And okay, okay, we do have Arlen out here, but he is well kinda, . . . well sorta. . . in a way a little. . . Okay, okay his shit is as ugly as a sack of assholes too, but god-damn-it he did some cool diggers back in the day, okay. . .

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
fatherfury said:
sad sad truth. PRO's bullshit. billy lame's shit has always been this ugly. this is his personal bike remember pics of it months ago in the raw. this is why people love the sinners & choppertown, cuz all they see in mags etc is circus baffoon bikes. see the sinners bikes aint shit really, its just that this shit has the public beliveing its old school. truely cool bikes can be seen all over the usa at little bike runs & shops. the bike rags & tv show's have totaly distorted what real bikes are. Ive spent so many hours helping my friend cole foster design & build some of the cleanest bare bones bikes this decade. the bike world as a whole has ignored them. he gets heart broken every time. the world wants bling bling geiger styleized bikes for clowns to ride in the circus. flow & lines is old school!!
Same oppinion here fatherfury...!
Also, those clowns "think" the more they payed for "their" bikes, the cooler these bikes automatically are...
If somebody would pay me the amount of money these nowadays tv star builders are getting I would still build the same bike I always did, but I would build 3 of them..!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts