Jockey Journal Forum banner

engine hoist modifications

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  farmall 
#1 ·
Im interested to know if you guys have any more modifications. I modified my hoist because i hate the bending over and the constant removing of the bar from the jack to the release valve. I didnt find much on the search.

#2 · (Edited)
Wow, you mean that we both are from EARTH?? To bad we don't have a debate team on here, or that would be a good idea to debate.

Not sure why you think that we would have any mods for your lift. We are men, and pick up our heavy stuff, with our backs and arms. No need to bend and release anything.

Now, I am being a smart ass here, but only because I am still trying to figure out, where you got the idea that we would have any mods for your lift.

Now, it is your turn to make sense of this gibberish, and actually, I am NOT from EARTH, I am from the sun. I can blind you, or burn you, but not help with your mods.

My arms and back, work via Bluetooth.

#3 ·
The way the release lever sticks out the back, it seems that you or one of your friends who is "helping" you is going to lean on it or bump into it, no doubt at some inconvenient time.

#4 ·
A pulley on the end of the boom permits you to use a comealong with the boom fully raised. Great for reaching all the way to the floor, into deep engine bays on trucks etc. I sandwiched my pulleys between two plates welded to the boom and have used that setup since the 1980s. It's nice to have the boom out of the way when lifting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.