Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm riding a 71 Triumph TR6 with 32mm Amal concentric carb. It was hard to start this morning so I pulled the carb and found a bunch of gunk on the jets. Cleaned it completely and re-installed it. First kick the thing shot up to 1o billion RPM and I kept having to loosen the screw. I finally got it down under a couple grand and then the motor kept back firing every 2 to 3 seconds....I mean loud!

What else am I not mentioning...?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
hard to start and backfiring usually means a vacuum leak or the pilot circuit is still plugged, do the can of WD40 spray test around the carb and manifold if that shows a leak, if not then chances are you can adjust the pilot jet in and out and it won't make much difference in the way it runs.
Get a $9.00 pilot jet cleaning tool from Keith Moore at Moores cycle center (714) 447-4402, and that should do it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
is the slide operating properly and aligned on the notch,
i just did the same thing, put it in sideways sota and it reeeevvved
took out slide aligned on notch and back in biz

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, so all the gaskets have failed. There is no vacuum in the carb and I am guessing this means that there will be no controlling the mixture anymore if this is the case. just ordered new gasket kits from MAP.

Thanks guys, I'll let you know how it works out.

hugs,
BIll

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.