Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the consensis, if any, on the most reliable electronics (pazon-others, 2- 6 volt coils, 1- 12 volt dual coil-single phase, 3 phase, high output system, etc.) to run on a mild custom with batt. and probably halogen light and LED taillight? Thanks---Bill

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
we use the Pazon ignitions with a single dual-lead coil, the Pazon has the best warranty and are affordability priced.
For the price of one Tri Spark you can buy 2 Pazon ignitions and have money left over..

Be careful about putting too big of an alternator in there, I've seen many bikes burn up the charge box and the stator because everything overheats trying to get rid of all that unused power it makes.

people are saying the 3 phase stator makes less power at low RPM than a single phase stator, possibly does because the rotor passes both phases on the 2 phase system more often in a single revolution than it does on a 3 phase stator.

Just use the normal 120 watt single (2) phase stator and a new rotor you will be fine.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
How about Boyer? I run this setup with their twin mini coil and it starts first kick.

There are some pictures of it on my build thread.

Cheers Dan.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
How about Boyer? I run this setup with their twin mini coil and it starts first kick.

There are some pictures of it on my build thread.

Cheers Dan.
Boyer ignitions are more sensitive to low voltage than the Pazon, and we have had several of the new Boyer MK4 ignitions fail. the old Boyer MK3's were fine.
The Boyer ignitions have a 1 year warranty.
The Pazon ignitions have a 7.5 year warranty.
The Pazon works well with as low as 8 VDC
The Pazon has an improved magnet mount on the rotor and a much better wire attaching system at the stator plate.

I like the Boyer charging units, but I prefer the Pazon ignitions much more.

On any E/I you should run one, dual-lead 12 volt coil (4 ohm), or two 6 volt single coils wired in series adding up to 4 ohms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts