Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What are your opinions on electronic ignitions? I have a 70 T100R project im working on, the PO included some boxes of new points and condensors, but i feel since im going to be working/rplacing these, i might as well go electronic, seems more accurate, reliable, easier starts, etc etc, is it worth it?

also, does anyone have a simplified wiring diagram that would work for this bike?

Thanks a bunch!

sorry, this is the ignition i was thinking of:
http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=805

·
Registered
160 Posts
I put the Sparxx electronic ignition on my 69 tr6c and I would recommend it to anyone considering it. It was pretty inexpensive, starts on the 1st or 2nd kick every time and runs like a top. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Do a search, you will see there are a lot of difference of opinion regarding EIs.. Tri-Spark from what I have read it the top of the line and is self contained (no box)...I have installed the Sparx also with only minor problems (see thread) it was more of a to much chrome on the rotor that caused it to sit high off of the exhaust cam....no big deal but it was when I was troubleshooting.....Bike starts with its first kick

·
Registered
770 Posts
Biggest factor for me came to be the shitty points I was getting. Most all the original good Lucas points seem to have been hoarded by somebody. About the second time those already shitty points actually break and fall down in the timing case, EI starts looking better all around. Check out the Pazon.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I just installed a Pazon for a friend. I asked their customer service a couple questions over email and got good, detailed responses. I think for the money Pazon may be the best. Tri Spark may be the best quality.
Real lucas points are long gone for any reasonable budget. The taiwan points are usable, but many times the nuts for the leads are over tightened by the installer, protective oil is not removed prior to install, the points faces themselves aren't aligned very well, the advance unit is wore out, point plate screws are stripped-mangled etc. I like points anyway but I am getting lazier.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
We switched exclusively to Pazon from having used Boyer's in the past, I have installed over 50 of them and have never had one warranty problem.
Sparks works well but some had problems with the contacts seperating from the stator board.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
...If I was to install one today...if money was not a issue it would be the Tri-spark.... other than that Pazon puts out a great product...and their warranty says a lot about them...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts