Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was an old post about your favorite bikes but I couldn't find it, but I wanted to post one of my favorite bikes. This thing is bad ass!!!

It was in The Horse 53.

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
The bike is unreal!
The craftsmanship in the twisted frame is really wild.
I was looking through that issue of the Horse about 20 minutes ago myself, checking out that bike..

The only thing i'm having a hard time getting used to is the difference in wheele size with the 23" up front..
I think there's too much stagger between the two...but thats only me.
It's way better than anything i'll ever build so i'm not throwing stones thats for sure!!

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Got your point about the difference in wheel sizes.. although he had to use that knobby enduro tire up front since that's the only skinny tire in 23" available at the moment...(well, not really at the moment, Honda CR and XR 350-450 had 'em..I think..) But I do like those large front rims, oh yeah,...I never liked a front wheel smaller than a rear...but I guess that's just me...:D

·
Registered
269 Posts
I do like the larger front hoop.
I even have a 21" for the front of my trump..but i'm having a hard time deciding between a 16 or 19 for the rear, just because of the difference between the 16 and 21.
Oh well..haha

I actually think the knobby's cool. give's it even more attitude.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
that back is amazing with the craftsmanship that went into it and the styling. I always wondered where they got tires for it though. Its kinda odd that they called it a 57.neo heads, s&s inards, vtwin? cases what makes it a 57? Its really nice though

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
One of the 23" rims outlets (in Europe at least):
www.duxindustries.de
Tel: 011-49-40-434037
fax: 011-49-40-436652

They have a WM1 (1.60") - 23", 40 holes, stainless, for the skinny ($ 60.00) Honda knobby tire..
Also a 3.25"- 23" rim for the ($ 250.00) 120 - 23" Vee Rubber (Thailand) tire...
They don't list them in their catalog but ask him (Michael) he got them for sure ! They have rim tooling machines, if an order is large enough, he will make any rim in any size !

·
Registered
617 Posts
I think it looks real similar to Paul Cox's bike

the paint/styling is damn near the same. I'm starting to see alot more of bikes with the chunky knobby tires on em. gonna be a new trend I guess. I like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts