Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
decided to put a bike together for the run...two requirements: had to be cheap and functional. here are some pics, only one side of the tanks on to get an idea of how its gonna look. I cant wait to fire this motor!! the headlight looks a little big and the overall stance should settle down a bit once on the road. I still need to sort out an oilbag and fender. I think I will mount the fender to the swingarm. tic-toc-tic-toc.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Great lookin bike, I too love the rims, don't think the light is too big though. Gives a nice profile in comparison to the tank. Sounds like the run is gonna be a blast for you guys...

·
Registered
789 Posts
tom said:
decided to put a bike together for the run...two requirements: had to be cheap and functional. here are some pics, only one side of the tanks on to get an idea of how its gonna look. I cant wait to fire this motor!! the headlight looks a little big and the overall stance should settle down a bit once on the road. I still need to sort out an oilbag and fender. I think I will mount the fender to the swingarm. tic-toc-tic-toc.
Hey Tom, I love where your head's at with your diablo runner. Who says you've got to ride rigid to keep it real? Those shocks are bitchin,' as are your tires. Smooth rollin.' Keep the big headlight--you'll need the illumination to cut through Baja's cielo *****. See you in a little over eight weeks...

mcGoo

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
so you got that bearing situation in the front wheel straightened out?

looks sweet man, and yeah, keep that freaking light. ya never know if the chupacabra may jump out in the road in front of ya down there!

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the good words...yeah the headlight, fuel capacity and shocks should prove to be crucial

the frame is an early '90s, guessing CCI based on the vin

Sparky, the hub is all sorted...nothing a sawzall and grinder couldn't fix

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
sweet!!!! and look out for those goat eaters out there! hey, if you ever need a hand again..just give me a holler

tom said:
thanks for the good words...yeah the headlight, fuel capacity and shocks should prove to be crucial

the frame is an early '90s, guessing CCI based on the vin

Sparky, the hub is all sorted...nothing a sawzall and grinder couldn't fix

·
Registered
349 Posts
Awsome Tom, hope she goes together good for you!! That run would be so kickass to go on, something to look forward to for next year.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Fuckin nice!! It's good to see those shocks put to such an honorable use. The rims looks great and even that wide glide works. Good job but don't rest yet cause there is still a ways to go.

Later, Sean.

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
Straight outta the Ghetto Garage. Looking good!

You gotta post a close-up of that motor. Diggin the scene with the gangster lean...

OUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHH.

Remind me to bring over the etching primer tonight. There's a headlight that may get an introduction.

I'm bringing my camera to ensure proper shovel pics. Todd, please wear your overalls for photoshoot:eek:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
yeah, man. it's lookin' good. i ain't got much in the way of HD parts, but i can always lend a hand. drinkin' beers are fun, but i like twistin' wrenches too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts