Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....I just been bidding on a Miller TIG set-up, and got outbidded. But then this morning I get an email saying the seller is offering me a second chance, only its not thru ebay. Later I get a second chance offer, ONLY when I check my ebay messages nothing is present of a second chance offer. The thing is the "seller" is saying they want the money sent Western Union, pronto (during the auction WE was not an option for payment) I told her I would be willing to pay 200.00 less than my top bid. She conceded. I told her I can't get to Western Union till Monday, and even after saying she needed the money pronto, she said fine to that. Also during that time, I received another outside of ebay offer from a different address around the same time. Plus it came from yahoo address, and the "supposed" ebay message insisted on me contacting a googlemail address. Does this sound like the auction got hacked, and I'm being set-up for a scam or am I just being paranoid. It is a really good welder at an awesome price, so I'd definitely like to get it. But this just is sounding like I'm being set-up for a mark, a little too much. Anybody heard of any second chance scams from Ebay auctions?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
know that any second chance offers are suposed to go thropugh e-bay only. If there's no message in your ebay box I'd think twice about sending them money. 200 bucks less and they say OK? Sounds a bit fishy to me but then I'm naturaly suspicious of things that sond too good to be true.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yeah man, that's a common scam on ebay...I would stay away.

ol_scratch said:
.....I just been bidding on a Miller TIG set-up, and got outbidded. But then this morning I get an email saying the seller is offering me a second chance, only its not thru ebay. Later I get a second chance offer, ONLY when I check my ebay messages nothing is present of a second chance offer. The thing is the "seller" is saying they want the money sent Western Union, pronto (during the auction WE was not an option for payment) I told her I would be willing to pay 200.00 less than my top bid. She conceded. I told her I can't get to Western Union till Monday, and even after saying she needed the money pronto, she said fine to that. Also during that time, I received another outside of ebay offer from a different address around the same time. Plus it came from yahoo address, and the "supposed" ebay message insisted on me contacting a googlemail address. Does this sound like the auction got hacked, and I'm being set-up for a scam or am I just being paranoid. It is a really good welder at an awesome price, so I'd definitely like to get it. But this just is sounding like I'm being set-up for a mark, a little too much. Anybody heard of any second chance scams from Ebay auctions?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Tell them that you want to meet them in person.Send someone close off the board to do a little thumpin on their head for trying to scam you.That's the only way the scamin will quit.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I would avoid outside ebay deals!
Too good to be true! Step away!

I got a PayPal Spoof today!
-------------------------------------------
We regret to inform you that this account has been locked.
To unlock your account please follow the link below and complete all the steps.

Please Note:
If your account informations are not updated within the next 72 hours, then we will assume this account is fraudulent and your account will be deleted.

Message 2023

Problem Description:

Suspicious account behavior possible account theft

PayPal Corp.
PayPal Account Review Department
-----------------------------------------------

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. That is exactly what I was thinking. I'm outta the loop kind of so I get a little late on all the new scams. But it was just not coming up kosher.

·
Registered
333 Posts
ol_scratch said:
Thanks guys. That is exactly what I was thinking. I'm outta the loop kind of so I get a little late on all the new scams. But it was just not coming up kosher.
Absolutely, SCAAAAMMM!!! there are people all over the world, yes world (thank you world wide web of deceit) who do nothing other than try to trick people into sending them money (it's really no different than the spam email you get all day long). If they spend one whole day sending thousands of bogus "second chance offers" for dozens or hundreds of ebay auctions and even one poor sod sends them money, then it is pure profit. Be careful, if it even remotely seems like it's not legit then it probably is not.
-Tombat

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks guys, just got a similiar egay second offer post but with a yahoo address as well. seemed sus so i didnt look into it anymore. Now I know. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts