Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted my bike again last night for the second time. What do you think is better....start your auction at your reserve or start at a low price and set a reserve?

Thanks in advance,

MT

·
Registered
307 Posts
I sell stuff on there all the time and I try to avoid the reserves. I think it makes people feel like you are hiding something from them. I try to start the bid price at a happy medium. NOt so high no one looks at it and not so low I loose my ass. Seems to work pretty well for me. the other thing is how you list it. Use all caps in the search line, it stands out more on the page, and use really general wording thats easy to spell. You'd be surprised how much crap doesn't sell on there cause it's misspelled or some goon can't spell it correctly when searching.

Good Luck

·
Registered
896 Posts
type in sporster some time, lots of stuff pops up and ussually it bits out cheap.

Like he said, becareful how you list. I normally start my auctions off at what I consider my friend price. How much I would sell it to a buddy. Most times it excedes that. And I've actually become pretty good friends with a few people that bought stuff from me on ebay. That's how I met scootermcrad, only he shiested me and waited till the auction closed and bought it offline.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone!

I am going to leave it for now, my price listed is not what I want but what I think is realistic. If in a few days I dont see many watchers or possible a bid I may lower it to make it more attractive.

MT

·
Registered
896 Posts
I got to admit, I normally hate bikes like that (don't get me wrong, I respect the work and all that other stuff, but not my taste at all). Something about that bike speaks to me and makes me want to grow long hair and say Righteous, A lot. Good luck, I'm sure that thing will get plenty of attention.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts