Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
me and a friend were drinking at the bar in sturgis last year. A couple of older gentlemen were have a good time right next to us. Are conversation ran into theres and come to find out it was Dave campos and his son in law. Very nice guy. I asked him what it was like going that speed. He just just looked at me and said" I'm shifting into 2nd gear at 200mph. That was enough said. Amazing that some one finally broke his record hes' been holding it since I think the late seventies. 322.149mph. saw the bike at the journey musem very cool. Dual shovelheads into a 4 speed rockcrusher

·
Registered
568 Posts
Damn.. That's fuckin' insane...!

I really, really hope my friend Rob is gonna try to race Bonneville. He's a very sick dude when it comes to bikes, and not affraid of speed.
We're gonna have to push him a little bit, but he has plans to put the motor of the thing below in a streamliner(!!)... "Change the gearing and run less nitro and it'll be all fine" he said. He built the bike below in his own shop, all by himself..
He first has to finish his 1913 Indian boardtracker and then wants to start a streamliner project.....................

I already got him an SCTA rulebook.......!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts