Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving around yesterday when I passed by a house that was being demolished.It had one of those big dumpsters where they would throw in ruble and other shit from the house in sitting on the side. As I drove by,I noticed something shiny pocking out the top of the container which was still being filled by workers....On a second look,I noticed that whatever it was ,it sure looked like a chrome spring ....with an acorn nut on top !!!! I stopped that car right in the middle of a two way street and jumped into the dumpster with everyone behind me blowing their horns out ouf anger :D. I started to throw shit around like a mad man. Low and behold ! I scored myself a springer !!!! Straight as an arrow ,with great chrome....(dirty ,mind you) and best of all ,COMPLETE !!!!! I was so happy that i raised it up in the air and started screaming my head off like the Highlander after his last kill !!!! kept digging and found myself a cool coffin tank,and the wheel and axle that went with the springer.... People kept blowing their horns and I kept throwing shit around ,hoping to find a panhead engine or better yet a knuckle head....No such luck ,but I am still Happy !!!! I GOT MYSELF A SPRINGER !!!!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's the coolest thing that I've heard all day. Was it an oem springer?
Original Equipment Manufacturer

What a find..cudos to you...i only dream of having a find like that someday.Original In-Line springers are not cheap to say the least !

·
Registered
211 Posts
SWEET!! WE NEED PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

·
Registered
185 Posts
Agreed that this is the coolest trash related anecdote I have heard in awhile. I already dumpster dive and this is going to make it 1000 times worse because I will always be thinking "One time, this one guy found a springer in the trash... I just have to keep looking."

·
Banned
700 Posts
Bravo!
Bravo!

The Dumpster Godz have certainly blessed thee, especially in this recession. Double your luck that scrappers hadn't beat you to it, and the steel isn't destined for a Mumbai skyscraper.

Times are so hard in the alleys that the only motorcycle part I found all last month was a tiny Linkert LS needle spring, which Kenmore sewing machines used in the bobbin winder.

....Cotten
PS: Let us all remember the Dumpster Diver's Motto:
"Seek,... And Ye Shall Find!"

·
Registered
171 Posts
That's awesome! When the attorneys got my mothers house to pay for her extreme care they got all the family treasures in the back shed. This included rolls of silk from Japan in the fifties, all of the brass artworks and my six Triumph lower ends.

I expect all of this went to the land fill, I'd love to think someone scored as noted above!:)

·
Banned
700 Posts
the eph phell oph my keyboard and I cant aphord to phucking buy a replacement
Uh, Hogster,..

You cannot imagine how many keyboards I pass by in the alleyways. How many would you like? I can bring them to the Davenport Meet, where I am once again offering a $5 bounty on any badly worn Big Twin drum sprocket (unless chromed.).

Back to topic,
Nearly every motorcycle item I find is a "Licensed" H-D vanity item, like an ashtray or sunglasses. My ragbox is choked with t-shirts.
Go figure.

...Cotten

·
Registered
156 Posts
a guy at work biffed a pile of ducati and guzzi bits in the trash at work,some good,hard to get bits too.i dragged em out and threw em on local web sale site and got a couple of hundie for em!not only made some cash but helped some guys that were looking for parts that aren't made anymore.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts