Jockey Journal Forum banner

Dude, where's my helmet?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Voneville 
#1 ·
I been putting in a few miles lately. A cpl of times a week I have to ride up to LA from San Diego to see my younger brother who's not doing too good. (Thank the gods for the new gay bagger I ride)
So I'm motoring home last night about 7:30 south of Toms farm on the 15 if you know the area. Up ahead I see a scoot pointing the wrong way on the side. A bit farther down I can see a guy walking back to the bike so I pull over to offer help. The guy is just kinda walking around in a daze, combing his hair back with is hands and acting like he is tyrying real hard to figure out WTF is going on. He wasn't dirty or scratched up so it didnt look like he had gone down. When I went past his bike it was on the kick stand and running.
So I ask him if he needs help? He says "uh have you seen a helmet?" I saw a hat and a do-rag getting trashed by taffic in the road but no helemet. I say no man sorry, and he just walks off rubbing his head. You ask me he forgot to use the chin strap and the fucker blew off at speed. I was going to ask him if he wanted me to head into town and get him a cheepo lid to get him home but it dint seem like the guy wanted my help or even wanted me around so I took off and got my tired ass home.
The whole deal just had a weird feeling, hope he made it home with no hassles from the man, man.

PS: Forgot to mention the guy did say Thanks for stoping, so that's cool. It gave me the feeling a few bikes has gone by him already thogh. That doesn't supprise me from the crowd that uses Toms Farm as a bike show where guys ride in ever weekend from as far away as 20 miles to show off their chrome bits. This guy was ridding a older sporty so he dont fit that scene.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey fredo, you remember seeing the guy riding around san diego with his lid strapped to the back of his neck? I used to see that guy everywhere riding around on his FLHT with his lid like that. I guess the man finally got him because now he wears it on his head. I guess he was protesting the law.

I lost a spring to my kickstand coming home from work on the 15 South right by the 805 off ramp. There I was in my uniform with my cal trans vest stuck on the side of the road. Not one person stopped. I finally found some wire in the brush and wired the kickstand to the frame. I was glad the W650 had a centerstand that day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.