Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just wondering if anyone has ran the 61-64 dual point distributor with 2 dual lead coils. one coil using 2 plugs to fire the front cylinder and one using 2 plugs to fire the rear. in theory it seems like it should work but i havent seen anyone mention anything about it.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
wasn't the purpose of the dual point dist to increase the saturation time of the coil ? i ran a mallory dual point dist on a vw and it made a a difference you could feel in the seat.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it will increase the saturation time. each point opens once for each coil per revolution instead of one point opening twice for one coil per revolution.

the thing im wondering about is the ohms of each coil. should i be running two 5 ohm coils in parallel?

·
Registered
427 Posts
it will increase the saturation time. each point opens once for each coil per revolution instead of one point opening twice for one coil per revolution.

the thing im wondering about is the ohms of each coil. should i be running two 5 ohm coils in parallel?
I ran that set up on my knuckle after I removed the Dyna "S" I was running in my breaker, removed the Dyna 5 ohm coils and installed two round chrome aftermarket 12 volt pan style coils and it ran great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.