Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this is probably an easy one and maybe even already covered, but here goes...

I'm running dual Mikunis on my trump. I'm running a single on/off/reserve petcock. I obviously need to T/split my line coming out. My question is: Am I going to have a problem if one T'ed off line is longer than the other? I have sort of a space issue that's forcing me to run a shorter line to one carb than the other.

Any feedback would help. Thanks!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Don't know how much it helps but my cl350 had uneaqual length tubes when I bought it. Of course it ran like shit because of a fucked up carb and I haven't got it back together so I dunno.

Primo

·
Registered
181 Posts
shouldn't be a problem....my 81 XS650 had the same set up and there was no problem with it at all.....if you're hesitant...run a single line down as far as you can and insert the T junction so the length is approx. the same going to each carb....

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dirk_Laguna said:
shouldn't be a problem....my 81 XS650 had the same set up and there was no problem with it at all.....if you're hesitant...run a single line down as far as you can and insert the T junction so the length is approx. the same going to each carb....
I'll try running it uneven and see how she does. If I end up having problems I'll just re-route things. Shoot... it's only hose.
Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
583 Posts
The gas won't know the differance. Keep the lines the same diameter with no kinks and it's all ok. Iv'e run this set up on my wifes 65 Triumph 650 for about four years now without problem. The fuel block inlet is tapped for a Ford fuel filter and the other end has two gas line fittings and goes to the carbs.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts