Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was in a local basement and ran across this wheel and swingarm setup. i know it is off a sportie, but is the drum wheel usable on a Big Twin round swingarm?

Any idea what I should offer the guy for it?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Somebody went to a lot of trouble to mate all that stuff together. The backing plate is from a '63-72 Big Twin, and I think the drum is too, but it looks like it's been converted to bolt on to whatever that hub is with 6 bolts, rather than the normal 5. Without taking it apart, there's no way of knowing whether the drum could be bolted to the hub for which it was originally intended.

But that hub is pretty cool. The whole setup is. Putting it in a round swingarm, you may have to machine up an axle and spacers. Then the big IF is, with the tire centered, would the sprockets line up?

I'm lost on a price, though. No more than the unmodified parts would be worth separately. Anybody that does that kind of work is aware going in that they'll never get what their time and effort is worth back out of it. And if they're not aware, you can't afford it.

·
Banned
2,014 Posts
Nothing Sporty about any of those parts. Backing plate looks like it could be H-D but none of the rest is. Could be Enfield Chief stuff.
Robbie

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK here goes....lots of pics... No mrkings on the swingarm, hub or rim....

Backing plate

Drum

Hub

Swingarm

You guys have any ideas???

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the drum is a butchered 67-72 drum and the backing plate to match...

Would love to know the hub, rim and swingarm makes though....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still looking for any help ID'ing the hub and swingarm. The hub is setup for a 6 bolt attachment to a brake drum thus the mods to the harley drum. The axle is stepped also. Looks like Indian stuff had a 6 bolt setup but not positive there. The swingarm though is a mystery.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts