Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So I got this great drum brake assembly with a hub (thank you 66Triumph). All in great shape, other than , at some point, the drum must have begun to eat it's way through the hub towards the spokes. I would guess this comes from running the drum loose(?)

Anyway - on the non-drum side I have 3/16" between the edge of the hub and the inside of the spoke hole. On the drum side I have a hair under 1/16".

I'm not sure how much stress the spokes put on the hub, but it seems 1/16" isn't a lot of meat to keep the spokes from pulling out of the hub? Is that not an issue because it's up against the drum?

Here are the questions:
1) Is this hub runnable as is, or not?
2) Anyone every repaired (rebuilt the lip) one of these?

Side note - for repair, I was thinking I could turn a lip on the lathe and weld it on. Seems better as an idea, than something I would like to do.

Thoughts or ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yea it's a mid star hub. I remember this exact situation being brought up in another thread awhile ago and other members confirmed it being how they came. I tried looking for the thread but of course I cant seem to find it.

-Chris

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris -

Side note, but if you take a look at the thread I posted (I just read it in it's entirety) you'll see the round swing arm question you raised is asked there as wll. The response was that there were, in-fact, a few versions of the swing arm, but all were the same width. The difference was in zerg fittings and some structural things.

Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Your welcome.

Just read through it myself. That def confirms what you said about the width never changing. You still helped me out with the exact width though. Thanks again.

-Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts