Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I was the king of the tip over, now I'm more of a rook. But I often find the foot to close to the bike and bike leaned over to much a few times a year, but mostly it's on the dirt bikes. Not that I don't give occasional acrobatic preformances on the street for the public.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Dirt bike story 2 years ago, first geared up ride. Riding along a creek last in line very large log down over the trail on our side of the creek. To continue it required cross the creek bowl turn on the other bank and cross back over the creek. Which everyone preceding me did just fine. When my turn came the bowl/bank was plenty wet and slippery. Did I mention there was a small tree on the other bank? My bowl turn got out side ways so I ended up center punching the small tree head on. Up off the seat hit my helmeted head on the tree and fell over on the right. Pretty good bell ringing. Pulled off helmet reached over and shut off the gas and sat there a while. 10 minutes or so later I was missed and the other riders came back to find me. What happened they asked, so I told them that my bike was older and had got tired and needed a short nap. That NAP theory is always brought up when tipping a few beverages.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts