Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Much like Ratso, minus the smoking, I pulled over for a drink, when I went to put my weight down on my right foot, the ground was uneven and lower than it had subsequently looked prior to me assessing the place to put said foot.

I staggered a few little steps, did a little hop and had the pan on top of me on the floor. Luckily it was grassy and not hard, no cuts or pain or damage. Trying to get your leg from under a bike when there's zero purchase and you're scrabbling isn't ever any fun though.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
The upgrade from that is to chain your front wheel to the frame down tubes, start off slowly without removing the chain, then reach down pointlessly and press your bare arm against the exhaust pipe. The mark did go away after a few years.

When I first got my knuck running, I had some carb issues... the bike had been running 5/10 mins I bend down to check the carb and continue to lean against the rear pipe with my forearm. Melted the skin straight off. I had a scab the size of my fist for a month. Luckily I heal very very well but it even pulled some colour out of my tattoo. I also did similar with my leg wearing shorts trying to tune said carb.. Fool me once and all that haha.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts