Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is probably about the third bike now I've tried drag bars on and they are too narrow to mount the brake m/c, the m/c always hits the bend in the bars. Even the dirt track bars I have on now I had to machine a couple slugs to put in the end of the bars to widen them. Is there such a thing as a m/c that has a narrower mount?? The controls I am using were designed to double as a switch housing and I am guessing there has to be ones that arent. Any help, ideas, etc...???

·
Registered
331 Posts
Maybe another approach?
I've seen several dimesions of different drag bars, you may just need to find the right one.
Also, i seen post here (i think it was here) about relocating the master cylinder to a hidden location to clean things up. Try the search function.

Dan said:
this is probably about the third bike now I've tried drag bars on and they are too narrow to mount the brake m/c, the m/c always hits the bend in the bars. Even the dirt track bars I have on now I had to machine a couple slugs to put in the end of the bars to widen them. Is there such a thing as a m/c that has a narrower mount?? The controls I am using were designed to double as a switch housing and I am guessing there has to be ones that arent. Any help, ideas, etc...???

·
Registered
675 Posts
There are a few company's that make controls without the switch plates. I have a PM m/c and it has no switch face. Just a contored bracket thats almost flush with the handle bars
Dan said:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
searched around in some catalogs and seems like the only m/c without the switch plated are expensive ones like PM or Ness (=very expensive) guess maybe I'll just have to widen the bars...dont think I care for the remote m/c, seems like any additional linkage, etc. would just be an extra hassle

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a M/C from a Yamaha XS750/850 (3-cyl) which I think is the same M/C as the XS11's used, early 80's(?). It's only 3/4" long on the bars, no switches, 3/4" bore as I recall.... Plenty of these in the boneyards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts