Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been installing the new drag bars this morning and have a couple questions.
whats the width of your bars?
Im going from mini apes to these bars and they seem soooooooo narrow compared to the apes.
heres a look.
I need some tips on the clutch cable and accelerator cables. they are extra long now. can I just hide them or should they be repaced?
I feel the clutch cable is tighter due to the routing.
thanks guys.
end to end they are about 25"......

·
Registered
630 Posts
You can hide the cables, just make sure you don't kink them.

For the cleanest look (no loops of throttle/clutch/brake lines), you should replace them.

There are varying widths of drag bars, from the little shorties I have on my goosneck triumph to great big obnoxious beach bar looking things.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive been checking it out and agree its the controls that are soooooo big....Im waiting on the UPS man and I hope to figure out the fatlucky seat tonight.
Ill post pics.
Im thinking of calling my buddy at CFC (central florida choppers) and seeing how much a new set of controls would set me back?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
You are jumpin in both feet first on this Bike thing.Good man.I dont know what your gonna get into on a new model sporty but its a big 10-4 good buddy on doin somthin with the controls and slimmin that area down for a nice clean look.Hell at the rate your going you be orderin a rigid frame for it next week.LoL

Shoe

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
You are jumpin in both feet first on this Bike thing.Good man.I dont know what your gonna get into on a new model sporty but its a big 10-4 good buddy on doin somthin with the controls and slimmin that area down for a nice clean look.Hell at the rate your going you be orderin a rigid frame for it next week.LoL

Shoe
hahhaahah thanks for the kind words!
Ive got the seat in hand and have no idea "YET" how the F Im gonna make this work!
pics soon enough

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
They look a whole lot better. I've got some cheapo Italian controls on my bike that are real small, I got 'em from Fog Hollow or someplace.
Maybe we should go to the swap meet on the 7th.
I think you've got dual throttle cables on your bike, right? You might have to keep the HD controls.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nads said:
They look a whole lot better. I've got some cheapo Italian controls on my bike that are real small, I got 'em from Fog Hollow or someplace.
Maybe we should go to the swap meet on the 7th.
I think you've got dual throttle cables on your bike, right? You might have to keep the HD controls.
yes they are duels

·
Registered
618 Posts
They'll come in different widths of course:

http://www.sideroadcycles.com/ImportedMotorcycles/ImportHandlebars/ImportDrag/78DragBars.html

I have some that are 24" wide and another that's 27" -- I think you'll get used to them...

-AJ

Draglinkscc said:
Ive been installing the new drag bars this morning and have a couple questions.
whats the width of your bars?
Im going from mini apes to these bars and they seem soooooooo narrow compared to the apes.
heres a look.
I need some tips on the clutch cable and accelerator cables. they are extra long now. can I just hide them or should they be repaced?
I feel the clutch cable is tighter due to the routing.
thanks guys.
end to end they are about 25"......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.