Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Restoring an old WL,, looking for someone who can replate my Cycle Ray head light reflectors. Have a few i'd like to get done. Not wanting to use new chinese crap on a nice Restoration. Any help is appreciated
Slim

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
you could send it to a chrome shop and have it nickel plated. most were ether silver or nickel and silver is a bit pricey right now.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's what i thought, but like i said , maybe just a little slow...hell, i just figured out what,"flamming" is...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Called Caswell's,,,the guy there is my exgirlfriends older brother. They are in western, NY near where i grew up. Anyway, i bought a plating kit. . I will practice on some of my stuff & post before& after shots.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I figure the same thing, i don't have a good track record with electricity... Bought the, "liquid silver plating solution." Seems like a very viable solution to the problem. The reflectors i have are just yellowed & need a freshening & polish... i spent $54.00 shipped, so I'll tell & show the end result. .. The guy in MN. wanted $65 plus shipping both ways. What have i got to loose ...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have heard that the best option for reflectance (not cheapest cost) is supposedly a place called Uvira. Uvira is a company that will put a glass coated vapor deposited aluminum coating on antique car reflectors. This makes a maintenance free reflector that matches modern standards of head lamp manufacturing. Don't know why they wouldn't do a cycle headlight reflector.

Uvira, Inc.
310 Pleasant Valley Rd.
Merlin, OR 97532
Telephone: +1.541.956.6880
Fax: +1.541.476.9096
email: [email protected]

Been meaning to try it, so if anyone does, let me know how it works...

G

·
Well....This may be another way of going around what you want...

I have the same light on my bike...Did a upgrade to 12-V (65-A Gen.)

Wanted to have better lighting being I do outrun the candle-power at times.

The after-market boys do make a replacement reflector for the OEM light where as you can run a H-4 halogen bulb. These can also be had in a 6-V bulb and also diff. wattage....More light....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will look into the hallogen 6V bulb, i an debating on trying the new 18 amp 6V gel cell battery, it fits the box, & I'm going to run my magnito for spark anyway. This should cut down on draw. Wondering how it will hold up. I'm building this to ride, it ain't going to be a trailer queen & its no points Bike either. I am trying to keep it as close to original as i can for my own liking, & resale if i ever choose! !!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sooo... What does flamming mean?
Flamming, if i understand correctly,, is what happens when someone writes something, "unpopular or responds with just a stupid remark." Then it seems everyone jumps there shit.. that is, "flamming someone " ...
Now in most cases the flamming is well deserved, as there are an enormous amount of douche bags spewing ignorant drivel.
Hope this sets the record straight. If i an incorrect, please don't flame me!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.