Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
they might but I would maybe run a piece of tight link chain in place of the cable

the cable just seems a little too small and probably weak

·
Registered
581 Posts
You could drill and tap the lower tree to mount studs to contact the original fork stop bosses on the frame.

·
Registered
820 Posts
If you are just trying to prevent front end flop such as you get sometimes when parking a chopper with a springer then they might work. If you are talking serious stops for a tank slapper those cables will be like thread and snap instantly or pull out. Since all I can see are the fork tubes it kind of looks like this might call for a steering dampner like Scott's sells.
Otherwise I'd do as Worn said.

·
Registered
78 Posts
fuggetabouta slapper
If it lets go when you park and flop yer front end over ..... there goes the tank paint

·
Registered
456 Posts
I don't think those stops would hold against much of any force at all. I'm with "worn".
Plus they look shitty to me, with all that nice fork and brakes.

·
Registered
223 Posts
most everyone here is right-they will not hold up. and if you bring that bike off the lift and actyally check them out-chances are pretty good all they're going to do is wind around the head tube-not doing a bit of good-sitting down and looking at it awhile will do you some good-fork stops are easy, and necessary for a lot of reasons-but can be real boogers in the way of beauty as well when done in a rush or without much thought. You have a pretty nice looking little bike there-add another notable detail in a well thought out forkstop-all the other work you've done wasn't done using shitty wire and head scratching! Keep us updated-

By the way, I hope that's not a garbage can handle under the seat for the mid fender support!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the advice. I might get something like a lawnmower axle bolt and integrate them as studs in the lower triple trees, I am learning a lot about pateince and careful execution with this build.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts