Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my '79 shovelhead lowrider, its a fairly standard bike which i purchased last summer from the guys at pacoima motorcycles out in norfolk.
Ive been riding it for the last year in all kinds of weather and so far its never let me down. The boys at pacoima gave it a good tune up and a bit of fettling before I picked it up and its sweet, still starts on a couple of kicks!

Now its time to breath a little bit of new life into this old girl, ive been gathering parts over the winter and spring, when im busy building show cars for a living! and now ive finally made a start.

Tision I have in mind is a super skinny swingarm lane splitter style bike, lean and mean with nothing it doesnt need!

I got this tank first, it was a cheap fleabay item that i thought i could do something with, im thinking narrowing it quite a bit and maybe move the filler caps out a little, but definately keeping the caps as theyre my favourite part.

Next ive got this little lot from the guys at wargasser, the tripple clamps are just the job for the skinny front end and I wanted the hubs because the are clean and simple and to replace the standard mags. Sherm at wargasser was very helpfull and sorted super fast delivery to the uk.

These next parts ive been working on are the replacement front end. I didnt want to ruin any of the standard parts so I managed to get hold of a '76 35mm front end. To keep it nice and clean I wanted a shaved front end so i machined and smoothe the forks and just got them back from the polishers today, I think they look real clean now and cant wait to get the front end all built up with the hubs that are off being laced to 21" front and 18" rear with avons all round.

This is just a small start and hoping to start tearing the bike down this week for a full engine and box rebuild, ill keep you updated

·
Registered
149 Posts
I picked up a '79 FX myself last summer. Kid ran it out of oil and seized the engine. I probably won't get to work on it till sometime this fall. Good luck with yours, I will follow along.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts