Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any info on Dennis? My reason for asking, is from an online search for, "Dirt", he describes in detail of his acting experience in several bike films. He comes across as someone who really can talk about the custom world of bikes.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you H. Being that I'm real close to 50 and having grown up watching bike movies in my younger days. "Dirt" comes to mind as being apart of the bike world when it comes to its history. If he would be game for an interview, that would be awesome. Cheers..

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I met Dirt in the early nineties at a green environmental show at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Friends of mine wanted to go and dragged me along. Not really the green recycling kinda guy I just went to see the hippies.
At the show we split up. Them going to alternative energy bicycles ( what?? ) and me wandering the isles.
At a stand that offered green grass juice a lanky biker type approached me and told me that I never had tasted anything as sweet as that green grass Juice. I immediately remembered the face from several B movies and within no time we had a conversation going about bikes. About an hour later my friends found me happily high on grass juice with a crowd around us of people that had been in contact with the outlaw bike scene in the sixties and early seventies. Tall stories were told and a good time was had.
When my friends and I were in the car on the way home they asked "How do you always find these people?"
Dirt is certainly worth an interview.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Great story, I hope you are able to interview this guy. sounds like time is of the essence. Hey V.W. is the Rusty Pelican bar still open in Newport?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
yeah they are still going strong. The one in Glendale closed though...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have any info on Dennis? My reason for asking, is from an online search for, "Dirt", he describes in detail of his acting experience in several bike films. He comes across as someone who really can talk about the custom world of bikes.
I know this post has been a long time ago but I'll let you know you're right you can talk about custom bikes as long as your ears can listen. But there's so much more that he brings to the conversation I hung out with him tonight and we chit-chatted about his ideas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts