Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
I saw an all steel digger fender like the second one in your pics at a swap meet 2 or 3 years ago. I think it was the fall Walnecks swap near Rockford, IL. Dude had $300, so I put it down and backed away slowly. F'n crazy if you ask me.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Check the swaps and e-bay. They are still out there. I bought one on e-bay a few years back for $12. Loaned it to a guy in Florida so he could pull a mold and haven't seen it since.
Hank

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'ld like to find an original fiberglass one for both the style and the slight weight savings. $300 is probably more than double what it's worth!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The digger style didn't really catch on here. I think I've only seen two here, one about 35 years ago and the other maybe 15 years ago, so the parts don't show up at swap meets like they would in other areas.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I was thinking more like 10x more. The paint was 'classic' but not great or in very good shape, fender was perfect. You said it Benway, I am shocked they are not on every bike. I would have bet big money years ago they would be the Next Big Thing by now.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I've made a few out of steel . The cheap Fatbob style rear fenders without the re-inforcing are the easiest to mod as they give athe necessary lift to the back . About 3 hour in the workshop for a passable example .

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have a Ness one I'll eventually pull a mold off of. I'm going to do three molds, for a 130, a 150,and a 180. The problem with the original ones is you really can't run anything bigger than a 140 if you're lucky. I love the look of a 150, so They're easily made from a flat trailer style fender. If you check the beginning of one of my digger build threads or my blog you can how easily they're done. I'm going to run my tail light bird cage style so it's not on the fender.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.