Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put this little leather bag on my shovel it has wrenches plyers cresent wrench flat screwdriver safety wire allen wrenches and few differnt sizes of nuts n bolts to keep the road gremlins away. billy

·
Administrator
7,823 Posts
cant down size photo i have i sent it to buddy post for me.
Use photobucket, simply copy the img tag in photobucket and paste it here in your post. Just hit enter between each img tag here in your post, this way the pics run vertically and not horizontally. It's really that easy.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
On longer trips, I bungee a craftsman tool bag with almost everything I could need onto the handlebars. It's often stayed on for a month or more afterwards while I just ride around.

I've been meaning to get Xian to make me a leather replacement, but it's just not super high on my priority list.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've done similar, I have an old canvas army duffel bag, I just chuck a shit ton of tools and odds and ends in there, and bungee it to the front of my bars , ontop of the light. Only on longer trips or if Im heading far out of the city..... has paid for itself a few times on my own and others bikes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
...we have a prospect for that......:D

just kiddin,ex army small canvas bag whit all the shit in there that you dont need when you break down.....the parts/tools that a requeird at that moment are safe at home in the workshop......

on the other hand.....that´s where the prospect`s comes in handy again...

·
Registered
837 Posts
clutch cable, cable stop, master link and spare points/condensor tucked into the tiny headlight bucket...

multi tool always on my side...

1/2 - 9/16 wrench, small vice grips and some duct tape... wrapped up in some para cord... in a small area on top of my oil bag, under the seat.

2 spare plugs & a flashlight in a waterproof plastic tube underneath the motor, between the frame rails.

if i'm going further than just around town, i bring a bunch more inside the back pack i strap to the sissy bar

·
Registered
748 Posts
Seen these motion pro tool kits yet? I have one on my daily and toss it in my back pocket whenever I'm out on a shakedown on a customer bike along with the Knipex 7" plier wrench. With that tool kit and those pliers, there isn't much you can't take apart...click pics for links.

Seriously though, if you haven't used those knipex plier-wrenches before, drop the cash and get your hands on one. It is probably the most used single tool in my shop. Same over at my friend's indie v-twin shop...he's got 4 of each size haha. Basically an adjustable wrench that has a 10:1 force multiplying handles to squeeze them shut. Harder you push, tighter it gets.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hahaha part of my tool kit is in my wallet. Roadside assistance is too cheap to pass up. At least it can get you to the nearest town for anything you might need. And working on a bike in a parking lot is better than on the side of the highway.

I carry a basic kit whenever I take a trip. I hang a military butt pack off the left side of my bike. Vise grips, zip ties, electrical tape, wire cutters, couple different screwdrivers, this multi wrench thing I have, etc..

Now I've gotta knock on wood because I haven't had to use any of it besides zip ties and tape for the longest time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
One obvious benefit of the bagger, tools, rain gear, leather jacket, change of clothes, toothbrush - good to go any distance on a moments notice. Granted the bags are not aesthetically pleasing in most cases, but damn handy!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.