Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
For the sucker that must have everything, a real NOS seat from the 60's! I have to admit, I think it's cool when I see a period 60's chop with a real bates seat, but I don't think I could justify paying more then 50 bucks for one.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
If you look at the ebay members who usually bid it up to those insane prices you see that about 80% of em are guys from japan, sweden, and germany. Before that those things stay in the 1 - 300 range. At least thats been my experience.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Guy said:
It's become an obsession watching them!
Same here, mainly because I'm lookin to buy one. But the way the prices are developing I wonder if I'm ever gonna afford one???

Really need a black plain medium size... Btw anyone knows when they went from black pans to the "bare metal" lookin finish?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
epinut said:
Same here, mainly because I'm lookin to buy one. But the way the prices are developing I wonder if I'm ever gonna afford one???

Really need a black plain medium size... Btw anyone knows when they went from black pans to the "bare metal" lookin finish?
I don't think I could live with myself if I paid that sort of money for one. I'd have to padlock it to the frame anytime I rode it anywhere.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I guess I'm a dumbass. I can't get my mind around paying in excess of $500.00 for a seat that makes your ass hurt after 10 blocks. I'm generally all for old stuff. Things with a history, etc. But paying this much cash for $4.95 worth of seat pan, rotten foam and old naugahide (spelling)? I simply fail to get it. I love old shit. I love shit with a back story. I would pay ridiculous amounts of cash for stuff like this. Maybe even $150 or $200!

But Jesus H Christ, have these people lost touch with reality? Maybe 5000 people in the entire world would flip that seat over to look for a sticker to verify it's pedigree or know what Bates even meant. Pay your $75 and go to custom chrome or make your own. Like I said, I'm a dumbass.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I paid $200 to have Fat Lucky upholster my seat.......at first I thought I was stupid but when I got it back and saw the craftsmanship....matching p-pad and seat....e.very stich PERFECT...I think it was worth it.... I have a one-of-a-kind....

·
Registered
92 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.