Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Love the cover art who did it wood make for some great tattoo flash.

Can I buy the mag direct from you ?

Been buyin them at shows when I see it.
Shoe
Matt D said:
Dice magazine issue # 7 is here!!
And a big thank you to everybody for buying the mag and giving us their support, bloody marvelous!!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey man, a top geezer called Bucky Crispin who Tattoo's out of Orange County did the flash, he also owns a killer Triumph bobber. I fucked up and should of put the website address on there my man, it's www.dicemagazine.com. The mags are available from the site or your local friendly Tower records store.
Cheers mate.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Cannot recommend Dice magazine enough, no bullshit write ups like your standard off the shelf "biker" mag thats aimed at the billet bolt on brigade. Proper choppers and real bikes, got to love it.
Matt, just checked out your sporty at Pete's workshop, it's going to be sweet! Post some pictures when you finish her, be interested to see it finished.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Matt D said:
Hey man, a top geezer called Bucky Crispin who Tattoo's out of Orange County did the flash, he also owns a killer Triumph bobber. I fucked up and should of put the website address on there my man, it's www.dicemagazine.com. The mags are available from the site or your local friendly Tower records store. Cheers mate.
Hey Matt...thats great! Why support the small individual shops that carry your magazine..send em all to Tower. As if business wasn't hard enough.......... If anybody is interested, I sell the magazine at my store Starlite Room here in Long Beach, CA

·
Registered
83 Posts
Matt,

Totally f*ckin' awesome!
Received number 7 and all back issues accept 1&2.
Your mag is bad big time man!
Thanks

ps: any body have a spare 1 and 2 issue for me? Will be happy to pay what ever it takes.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Trumped said:
Hey Matt...thats great! Why support the small individual shops that carry your magazine..send em all to Tower. As if business wasn't hard enough.......... If anybody is interested, I sell the magazine at my store Starlite Room here in Long Beach, CA
Hey Jason, easy mate! what happens if you live on the east coast or anywhere that isn't CA?? very few stores that are not in So Cal stock the mag so it can be hard to get. And we didn't send them all to Tower 'cos I have about 2000 copies looking at me right now.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Matt D said:
Hey Jason, easy mate! what happens if you live on the east coast or anywhere that isn't CA?? very few stores that are not in So Cal stock the mag so it can be hard to get. And we didn't send them all to Tower 'cos I have about 2000 copies looking at me right now.
Matt,
I do realize that the magazine can be hard to find and I understand why it was just easier to let people know that they can get the magazine at Tower. It is just getting harder and harder for the little guy to business in this world. In the old days, a major corp. store like Tower wouldn't of had anything to do with, or even knowledge of, a magazine like Dice. People in the know, who understood what a great magazine Dice is, would have also known about all of us little guys and would have been happy to give us their business. As all of this Hot Rod, motorcycle stuff is becoming more popular and is being swallowed up by the main stream, the big corporations are taking note. 7 Elevens and WalMart stores are selling The Horse, Ol Skool Rodz, and CK Deluxe for Christ sakes. I'm sorry but I wouldn't be caught dead in a OCC t-shirt buying my CK Deluxe at fucking Walmart. Fuck that store. I would however, sell the shit out of a magazine that I put out, to Tower records and any other corp. shit hole that wanted to buy it. I would just hope that you as a small magazine, would realize the differences between us, the small shops that you deal with, and Tower Records. I would hope that you would support us the way we support you and point people in our direction. Many of the magazines that I sell in the shop have a list of where to buy the mag on their websites. Sure, it may take some business away from people buying direct from you, but really, how many single issues do you want to deal with sending out?

I am a big fan of Dice magazine and am proud to be one of the few stores in my area to sell it. Shit, I wish that I could sell a billion of em for you guys. Matt, I am sorry if it sounded like I flew off the handle with you, I guess that I kind of did. If anybody is reading this and doesn't have the latest issue of Dice, go to their website and buy it now...it fuckin' rocks!!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
yeehaa! Trumped is right, support the little guy. I've bought every ish of garage mag from him and he still wouldn't pony-up $10 for a lousy Triumph shirt from me at the swap meet! whatever!

Hell, I ran a clothing shop in the LBC that went under after 2+ years; and our "tower" was some other mom & pop powerchristian BS place playing dirty pool! ("nothing's shocking" sucks jesus' dick btw). We all know how cool it is to find a joint that digs what you dig...Tower digs things you dont dig too..for money. They don't ride motorcycles, either.

Anyhoo, hit 4th St if yer in the LBC.

I gotta go to bed - I'm in a bad mood.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have to agree with you guys, big coperations have never done anything to help people like us unless there is a buck to made and then, boy they become your best buddies. Our magazine is hardly what you would call mainstream and I am suprised that tower sell it. What it does mean is that they stock a couple of copies in Cities where we have no stockists and a lot of people don't like buying the mag over the internet. I have a file that has a list of every independent supplier in the US and when I get an enquiry, about 10 per day, of who stocks it in their area I send them a copy. The Starlite rooms and The Garage company are great stores and there are many more like them and will always have our support. Peace out.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The basic fact of the matter is that Dice Magazine fuckin' rocks. The best way that you can show them so is to buy their magazine and shoot them an email thanking them for doing such a great job. If you guys know of a cool small shop that doesn't sell the magazine, tell them about it. Tell them that they should stock it and then when they do, buy it from them. Tell your friends to buy it from them too.

Where you spend your money may not seem like a big decision. A Dice Magazine is a Dice Magazine no matter who you bought it from. When you buy it from the little guy, you are helping him to feed his children, pay his electric bill, and to keep his store open for you. This may sound a little dramatic but it is true. The little guy doesn't have a pay check, doesn't have health insurance, and doesn't have a retirement plan. Help out as many little shops as you can and for crying out loud, help out Dice Magazine. Go and buy it today!

·
Registered
341 Posts
gsglbc said:
yeehaa! Trumped is right, support the little guy. I've bought every ish of garage mag from him and he still wouldn't pony-up $10 for a lousy Triumph shirt from me at the swap meet! whatever!

Hell, I ran a clothing shop in the LBC that went under after 2+ years; and our "tower" was some other mom & pop powerchristian BS place playing dirty pool! ("nothing's shocking" sucks jesus' dick btw). We all know how cool it is to find a joint that digs what you dig...Tower digs things you dont dig too..for money. They don't ride motorcycles, either.

Anyhoo, hit 4th St if yer in the LBC.

I gotta go to bed - I'm in a bad mood.
Hey gsglbc,
Thanks for the support and the shout out.

What was your clothing shop?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.