Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i saw that tower records is callin' bankrupcy. i do not know if they'lle shut down completely or just some stores. i'll go there tomarrow and find out more.
where am i gonna get DICE now? wil i have to break down and subscribe?

i was going to but this in a PM, btu i thought to many other mite have the same idea. this way matt or dean may only have to answer once.

thanx guys.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've been getting mine at the online newstand at Barracuda magazine's website. http://www.barracudamagazine.com/newsstand/index.html

Plenty of other good mags there as well.

beatcad said:
so i saw that tower records is callin' bankrupcy. i do not know if they'lle shut down completely or just some stores. i'll go there tomarrow and find out more.

i was going to but this in a PM, btu i thought to many other mite have the same idea. this way matt or dean may only have to answer once.

thanx guys.

·
Registered
523 Posts
beatcad said:

thanx guys.
Oh Fuck!!! they haven't paid us for the issue 10's yet. When did this happen? all these big companies are wankers! pm me and I will give you a list of all our proper stockists.

·
Registered
263 Posts
chicagogreaser said:
*HIJACK*

Hey, is you're nephew is Andy? Jerry and Andy did the paint on my bike.

Small world.
no Andy is my brother in-law. Tyler is my nephew. his son. You got any pics of the bike. I might know which one it is.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Okay, goddamnit...
I was trying to be cool, and just look at the fucking mag on the stand...and not collect ANOTHER cool thing.
RIGHT!
Now, I have a couple of recent issues...and I am fucking hooked...
So, who's gonna rape me on the early issues..and how much of a hassle is the subscription?
Was not prepared to enjoy this magazine as much as I do.

·
Registered
263 Posts
shitbird said:
Okay, goddamnit...
I was trying to be cool, and just look at the fucking mag on the stand...and not collect ANOTHER cool thing.
RIGHT!
So, who's gonna rape me on the early issues..and how much of a hassle is the subscription?
http://www.dicemagazine.com/subscribe.html
issues 1-6 are sold out though.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Dice Rules.....

It will def hook ya! It did me!

Matt / Dean and Conrad - rock!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
is it new or old news? i dont know.
jerry from rolls & pleats posted it on the HAMB fri. or sat.
i did a google search and tower has filed.
i did go to tower today and get DICE ish. #10.

·
Registered
83 Posts
shitbird said:
Okay, goddamnit...
RIGHT!
Bend over shitbird!
By chance I could get hold of a couple extra number ones a 2 and a 3 but it cost me heavily.
Wild guess is that number 1 will cost you up to 40bucks if you can find it at all.
ebay member jowcha (John from the piston Ranch in California) may have some left

·
Registered
601 Posts
Slow,
I am BENT...and I really don't care about the $$$ as much as the condition.
$40? That's cool...can ya shoot me his addie?
I'd be prepared to pay a fair lump sum for everything up to #9.
I know where I can get #5&6, but, like I say, if someone is just clearing out the closet, or is like..."Hey, fuck it...if I sell the early ones...they all go..."
Collecting is a weird thing.
Never know what the reason is for someone parting with shit.
I have been offing things I NEVER thought I'd let go.
Just over it.
Picked up two copies of Hardcore Chopper #1, completing my collection....so, there are a few magazine titles I just want bookended...and like I say, I was trying to be cool on DICE, but it ain't happenin'.
Hahahahahahaaaaa.....
Fucking collectors...we are all nuts.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I hear you Shitbird!
I bought all backissues from the Horse BC from Ebay over the last 4 months... only 8issues missing now.
Same with Dice. Took a subscription from issue 7 but just had to have the back issues aswell.
Sometimes I just have to smack myself in the face... only yesterday
I read about some boards used by Jason Jessee and couldn't resist checking out Ebay for them.
I'll contact the guy for Dice. If he's out of'm I'll consider selling you 1 of mine... but it will cost you! (a board) ;-)

·
Registered
436 Posts
shitbird, i'm in the same boat as you....collectors anonymous (closely related to hoarders anonymous).

if you have any duplicate back issues of hardcore chopper you want to part with, PM me...

the first step is admitting you have a problem.....

·
Registered
601 Posts
PM sent....
Yeah, it's fucked.
I just went and picked-up a fucking BABY CARRIAGE for my stepmom...scored it on the bay, and she needed LOCAL pick-up.
I thought I was crazy with this shit....

But, I pull up to my pop's orchards...and he's got like fifty fucking cars of all varities.....a dozen KTMs...race cars...all kinda shit...and go inside to see my stepmom's fucking baby carriage collection.
Wow.
Sickness runs deep in my family.
I got skate mags...bike mags (Easyrider from issue 1 until they starting sucking ass) old Iron Horse (real ih, seventies/eighties) Supercycle...all kinds...and then fucking JAP mags..they are the best...Euro mags...fucking disease.
I read 'em over and over.
Had the ERs since I was a kid...started hoarding them in '82...and and older dude laid his whole stash of bike mags on me when I was a youngster...
Now I am hopeless.
Got so pissed it's been a year since I sent my ten bucks in for the issue of Garage I never got...I raised hell with Stoner, the editor...and he still won't talk.
Doesn't understand.
It's not "FUCK YOU"...it's "I LOVE magazines so much when they are well done...I MUST have 'em".
Yeah, I was bummed to get ganked out of my ten bucks...but, I just wanted the magazine I liked so much.Guess it's a really intense compliment.
Just hurt not to get it.
Like someone leavin' your bicycle out front only to get it stolen for ya.
It's an odd love. Guess some of us magazine heads were maybe lonely kids and read 'em too much...like the poor comic book fuckers.
Whatever.
But, a well done bike mag is just a lovely thing to behold.
A TOAST to DICE...Matt, you do that shit right.
Thanks.
Now, goddamnit...I need to get after these issues!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Collecting Rules!

Im a big Magazine guy myself.....

Lots in my collection as well....

I had such a problem with it - that I dove into the publishing business....

Worked it for a few years - then launched my own - and recently sold it last year to a Publisher in Hollywood Ca.

Wild....

Glad to know im not alone!

·
Registered
263 Posts
hey i got that same floor jack. Is any of that skate stuff for sale?? If there are any slime ball wheels in there. i want em.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts