Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made it down to Davenport at 10:30 Thursday morning and stayed till Saturday noon. Had a great time seeing all my friends and buying lots of Indian parts. There were more Knuckle head parts this year, wow. So much to see.
Kev

·
Registered
895 Posts
picked up lots of good parts, had a great weekend, met a couple of jj'rs looking forward to next year already

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's a few more pics. I included the right side pic of Steve's red knuck that he rode in from central MN. Bet he had a wet ride home...

·
Registered
155 Posts
another sad year were i couldn't attend because of my job. understaffed motorcycle shops for the fail. it looks like the land of dreams

·
Registered
194 Posts
This years 2011 theme was the H-D Sportster. For 2012 the theme is period correct bobbers and choppers. For more details get hold of the Chief Blackhawk Chapter that hosts the event. Now is a good time to plan for next year. Schedule your vacations and mark your calenders. Shops need to show up and display their wares.
Davenport is one of the best motorcycle events that I have been to. The entry fee is very reasonable (FREE). A small donation for parking is required and of course there is an admission fee for the races. Vendor space prices are also very reasonable.
Davenport has a very unique and respectable range of motorcyclists. Hardcore restorers to rat bikes, old to young. This is a real family event whether its the wife and kids or a bunch of brother and sister bikers. A good time can be had by all.
I also like Davenport because I don't have to pay an entry fee just for booths of cheap made leather vests, chaps and biker bling.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i like this one here

I went to a music festival here in TN this weekend and met a guy from Finland who had gone to Davenport right before he got to TN.

·
Registered
444 Posts
davenport was awesome. we rode in from stpaul wednesday. got home last night at 1030. My crew scored a plethora of good stuff. I scored a buzz and plenty memories!!
Nice pics of our bikes, thanks for all the pics.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nice photography. Sure wish you could see more of the old kings of the road ON the road, instead of in a museum. Hell, I don't even see hardly any Evos out on the asphalt anymore.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts