Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have used them a couple of times, The issue I had wasn't out of round, It was a minor flat spot or hump where the weld seam is. (easy to spot if you roll them on a flat surface)
The Radelli ones were the same (or worse).

They still balance up fine

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just laced a new cwc stainless rim to my daytona front wheel and as above there is a large hollow on the weld line from the polishing .The nature of forming the stainless means that the sharp lines around the dimples on original rim are a lot less sharp/defined, so if you need a closer replica of an original maybe their elite chrome rims may fill the bill.Good service from these guys

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not worried about looking like original, but something that won't end up like the chrome rim on a previous bike, dog or cat piss strips chrome off rims like you wouldn't believe.

I've used Radelli rims in the past, so I know about flat spots. The ones I had weren't noticeable except when on the truing stand.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I run the CWC Elite chromed steel rims on my Panhead chopper, they are really nice and I have no complaints, great quality. I carry the stainless steel CWC rims at the shop and haven't ever had anyone complain or have any issues, and we have used them on bikes without having any trouble as far as lacing goes, or cosmetic defects.

Tyler

·
Registered
346 Posts
I put a pair of stainless rims built on the daytona hubs and they were fine apart from not being very well finished around the spoke ends , a few minutes with a sanding pad in the grinder and it was fine.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I ordered one. It is really a nice looking rim. Doesn't appear to be out of round, just needs a little deburring on the spoke holes as others have said. I'm happy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.