Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i picked up a old sportster tank a few weeks back and i have decided to flatten the bottom so there will be no tunnel, and move the petcock bac, and the filler up. i am wondering the best way to go about this? i am thinking to just start cutting it up so once it is apart i can give the metal a good cleaning and have better access to knock out all the dents(it has a lot of them and a few big ones, with a really bad bondo job to match). then how would i go about sealing it? any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
104 Posts
creep said:
so i picked up a old sportster tank a few weeks back and i have decided to flatten the bottom so there will be no tunnel, and move the petcock bac, and the filler up. i am wondering the best way to go about this? i am thinking to just start cutting it up so once it is apart i can give the metal a good cleaning and have better access to knock out all the dents(it has a lot of them and a few big ones, with a really bad bondo job to match). then how would i go about sealing it? any help would be appreciated.
here's one of the tanks I did that I put up on the Quad Cam Bastards tech board

http://www.network54.com/Forum/481425/message/1140959229/while+we%27re+on+tanks%2C+here%27s+what+I+did+to+mine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts