Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost my wife today to cancer. I never thought I'd write one of these threads, it seemed selfish to me to involve everyone in my pain.
I've realized though, that even though we don't know each other, or even know each other's names, nonetheless, we are friends.
We had a 46 year love affair that only a very lucky few experience, and I will miss her forever.
Thanks for indulging me and my grief. Somewhere in the heavens is a new star.
Godspeed Crissie...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss, me and my family's thoughts and prayers are with you in your time of need. I hate cancer it took my dad in '92 and my uncle in july of this year. me and my wife have been together for 16 years. I don't think you are self centered for expressing loss we all need someone's shoulder to cry on sometimes.

·
Registered
712 Posts
My heart goes out to you mate and I understand some of what you have been through as I'm in a similar situation . A year left at current estimates for my wife . It's something I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy and something no one should ever experience . Rips a piece of your heart out every day and there's not a damn thing you can do to stop it . Fuck the cruel disease .

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Support among friends, even on the internet, can be a healing factor. We may not be able to give you a big bear hug, but we can voice our support for you, and our grievances for your loss. As I alway do, I will pray for you and give my support in words. Lost my older brother, years ago, to cancer. 16 is a terrible age to be taken by cancer. So all we can do is give our support, and hope the healing comes sooner, than later. God Bless YOU.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.